Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

post-14685-0-39227600-1406424856_thumb.j

OK, shot this with clipped carrier spring (3 coils) today, all kinds of ammo and slugs. No problems. Seems, perception maybe, slightly easier to load. Full expected complete failure, because I was having failure to lift with Snap Caps at home. Range test is always better. Next I will try clipping one more off. Interesting mechanism, that carrier and spring. Fulcrum type lever and spring helps up and down, some polishing of the cup that the spring rod sits in might help as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a +5 on my 24" and planning on going to a +7 or +8. I don't know if anybody's answer changes based on the length of the tube. I'm not one who is just chucking the shotgun in a barrel.

I run a +8 on my 21" Beretta without a clamp and I have had no issues all year.

What are you guys finding shoots well for slugs out of the 1301? I have tried Remington slugger 1 oz, Remington reduced recoil riffled 1 oz, federal super slug hollow point 1 oz, and federal classic rifled hollow point maximum 1 oz. The classics shot the best.... But they kick like a beast and we're still off by about 3 inches. The rest were off 6-8 inches. They were all older boxes I just happened to have sitting around that were given to me by my father in law. Not sure that age should have any effect on them. I have the Nordic + 5 with out a clamp. There was light wind the day I tried them. But they were off 6-8 high and roughly 3-4 inches right. The classics were close to dead center but 3 inches low.

6-8" hi at what distance???

3-4 inches right, do you have a rear sight in place???

most all of us shoot low recoil slugs, not full power slugs. the Rem mananged recoil shoots good out of my 1301.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

syrusure.jpg

This keeps happening ! The clamp creeps up toward the muzzle on my 1301 21"

And I'm thinking of a different extension tube for 3gun ? Which is rec? 10 or 12 shells ? [emoji47][emoji56]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That looks more like a flashlight mount than a barrel clamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

syrusure.jpg

And I'm thinking of a different extension tube for 3gun ? Which is rec? 10 or 12 shells ? [emoji47][emoji56]

Try a Nordic Components +8 tube and no clamp. That will give you 12 + 1 in the tube. Right after the beep you can load 4, then plan from there. Or at some point in your plan you can load a bunch and finish. Like this: post-14685-0-06278700-1407106001_thumb.j

syrusure.jpg

Try a Nordic Components +8 tube and no clamp. That will give you 12 + 1 in the tube. Right after the beep you can load 4, then plan from there. Or at some point in your plan you can load a bunch and finish. Like this: attachicon.gifBeretta for forum.jpg

Yep. The Nordic mxt extension has a notch for the barrels clamp so it does not advance forward during sustained use.

Not sure what kind of clamp that is....

Thanks guys, I will have to go find some and give it a try. Where are you guys getting your slugs? My local Sportsmans warehouse doesn't carry any reduced recoil. My have to do an internet buy.

check Ammoseek. Shotgun. 12 gauge. Slugs.

Thanks guys, I will have to go find some and give it a try. Where are you guys getting your slugs? My local Sportsmans warehouse doesn't carry any reduced recoil. My have to do an internet buy.

http://usarmorment.com/ammunition-c-1/%C2%A0shotgun-c-1_408/remington-12-ga-law-enforcement-reduced-recoil-rifled-slugs-2-34250-round-case-p-2550.html That's where I got my slugs.

Edited by BigDawg308

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Beretta 1301 comp 24" over the weekend. Found one shipped to my FFL for $966. Definitely the best deal I could find. Got a light modified Briley spectrum extended choke and a +4 Nordic extension rube. So I should be able to go 9 rounds in the tube...

I'm excited..!

I'd be exited, too. Awesome price, got my 21" a year ago for 905. You know, smoov down those loading port rails and the forearm lip shoot the heck out of it. I think you will love it. I use Walmart Valupak 90% of the time. Nothing like a new gun to get right with the world!! DVC

I've looked at all the photos of loading port work done to the 1301, and I have a few questions-

- Is anyone doing any smoothing/radiusing around the entry to the magazine tube?

- When I quad load, I noted that periodically I get shells stuck on a lip on the side opposite the shell latch. Has anyone radiused this area?

Any other photos that you may have taken before installing the lifter would be appreciated, I'm trying to finalize my plan. I did my SX2 and learned a lot, just want to make sure that I am doing it right.

Thanks.

Josh