Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-14685-0-23860700-1405985851_thumb.j

3 coils clipped (of 26) to start.

Finally got around to working with this trigger group. A lot like Benelli. Not exactly, though. If you do this, work in a dedicated room with the door shut, because there are a few small parts that drop very easily. Took me about 8hrs fooling with this to figure out how it works. Pretty cool. Was going to test today after clipping this coil, but got rained out. This clip didn't do much from a feel standpoint. We will see if lightening this spring makes loading easier. Plan to continue..

For you guys who run a Nordic tube, do you find the barrel clamp to be a necessary evil? I know this shotgun is my 3-gun shotgun and will get bumped around, but the Nordic barrel clamp has marred the heck out of my barrel and tube. I plan on sending the gun off to C-Rums to get some work done, but when it comes back I plan on cerakoting the receiver, barrel, and tube. If the barrel clamp isn't necessary, then I'm going to scrap it so it doesn't mess up the new cerakote when it's done.

I have a 21" with Nordic +3, and barrel clamp is not required. I've had no problems in the 2000 rounds I've put through it.

For you guys who run a Nordic tube, do you find the barrel clamp to be a necessary evil? I know this shotgun is my 3-gun shotgun and will get bumped around, but the Nordic barrel clamp has marred the heck out of my barrel and tube. I plan on sending the gun off to C-Rums to get some work done, but when it comes back I plan on cerakoting the receiver, barrel, and tube. If the barrel clamp isn't necessary, then I'm going to scrap it so it doesn't mess up the new cerakote when it's done.

I've got a +5 on my 24" and planning on going to a +7 or +8. I don't know if anybody's answer changes based on the length of the tube. I'm not one who is just chucking the shotgun in a barrel.

Edited by BigDawg308

Had my FIRST malfunction. Probably around 1100 rounds through it. Hadn't been cleaned in months and at least a whole case of ammo, and the gun was absolutely soaked because we were shooting in the pouring rain. A round failed to feed, so I racked and was back in action.

Considering the circumstances, I'm not that upset, but now I can no longer say I've never had a single problem.

I don't know if there are any lurkers in this thread who have been on the fence about buying one, but Cheaper Than Dirt has both the 21" and 24" models for $938.33 shipped. At that price, I picked up a 21" to go with my 24".

Edited by BigDawg308

syrusure.jpg

This keeps happening ! The clamp creeps up toward the muzzle on my 1301 21"

And I'm thinking of a different extension tube for 3gun ? Which is rec? 10 or 12 shells ? [emoji47][emoji56]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hi all, I've read this thread numerous times from cover to cover more than once and have found it very useful although I haven't found the answer to a question I have. I've got the 24 inch 1301 with a Nordic +5 and nordic clamp and seriously love this shotgun, my only problem is finding a rail to mount onto the receiver for my red dot sight. Does anyone know of a rail that will fit other than the Beretta one? It would pain me to spend such a huge amount of money on a piece of machined metal from Beretta when I could get something that would fit for a quarter of the price!

I've read about the Rib Rider but this wouldn't be an option as I will still be using this for clay shooting, if I had to keep removing it I think would end up seriously scratching the rib. I'd also consider a rail with an attached side saddle if anyone knows of any?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

one week before RM3G and I found my front sight sideways and lose on my main 1301 . Is this a easy fix? THANKS

A little blue loctite. No worries. I'd put it on your bolt release screw and mid bead as well while you're at it.

So do we just unscrew the sight with pliers and add the Loctite to the threads?

Just unscrew it enough to wick in some blue Loctite. Loctite the screw for the bolt release and mid bead.

I didn't need to Loctite anything on mine because all of yours they forgot to put Loctite on they put on mine.

Thanks

Dad could not tell if the sight was screw in or not. Only 24 rounds fired on this shotgun it has Jeff's work done too it.

I lost my mid bead on my backup on the first day

Thanks

Dad could not tell if the sight was screw in or not. Only 24 rounds fired on this shotgun it has Jeff's work done too it.

I lost my mid bead on my backup on the first day

You can backorder at Brownells:

913-000-433WB