Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have the issue of a shell not releasing on to the carrier when you push the button with a full mag tube? I only have a 10 round tube and the spring isn't to long since there's not alot of pressure on the follower when it's empty. It runs fine when shooting but it's easiest to load 9 into the tube at the preload table and just release one onto the carrier and cycle the bolt when it's your turn instead of holding the bolt back and putting one into the chamber. Only thing that has been done to it is a c-rums welded lifter and I smoothed out and opened up the loading port.

Yup, this weekend. Let the bolt slam shut for lack of a better word. Issue was the bolt wasn't closed all the way so it wasn't trigger the shell when I hit the button. As soon as I switch my technique, it worked fine. Noticed it when experimenting with it when my shotgun was on the setup table. Was trying to decide if I wanted to continue loading 8 and then putting one in the chamber when I was prepping my stage, or out 9 in the tube and just rack it at the prep. It was being inconsistent whether it would release a shell or not. Had one of the more experienced guys show me what I was doing wrong (my first match). Ran two stages starting with 9 in the tube and using the shell release with zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, this weekend. Let the bolt slam shut for lack of a better word. Issue was the bolt wasn't closed all the way so it wasn't trigger the shell when I hit the button. As soon as I switch my technique, it worked fine. Noticed it when experimenting with it when my shotgun was on the setup table. Was trying to decide if I wanted to continue loading 8 and then putting one in the chamber when I was prepping my stage, or out 9 in the tube and just rack it at the prep. It was being inconsistent whether it would release a shell or not. Had one of the more experienced guys show me what I was doing wrong (my first match). Ran two stages starting with 9 in the tube and using the shell release with zero issues.

My issue isn't with the bolting being closed as I've had this issue since the lifter cam back from C-rums. I'm wondering if the lifter widened or something when they welded it not allowing the shell release to fully move to the side. Not sure though. I can't figure it out. I think it's going back to Beretta and the Benelli's going to see some use again.

Do you have a picture? Welded lifters can be a problem, but Jeff has done hundreds. I haven't completely taken apart my trigger group, but I will be. Maybe put a stock lifter back on and see what happens.? I know they are hard to get.

Do you have a picture? Welded lifters can be a problem, but Jeff has done hundreds. I haven't completely taken apart my trigger group, but I will be. Maybe put a stock lifter back on and see what happens.? I know they are hard to get.

I think they are in stock at Brownells...

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/carrier-parts/carriers/carrier-a400-sku913200610-40939-77330.aspx

Anyone have the issue of a shell not releasing on to the carrier when you push the button with a full mag tube? I only have a 10 round tube and the spring isn't to long since there's not alot of pressure on the follower when it's empty. It runs fine when shooting but it's easiest to load 9 into the tube at the preload table and just release one onto the carrier and cycle the bolt when it's your turn instead of holding the bolt back and putting one into the chamber. Only thing that has been done to it is a c-rums welded lifter and I smoothed out and opened up the loading port.

I've had this happen with my guns as well and I don't have a welded lifter...

What I found was that when I left my mag tube spring full length (16" over end of the tube / 12 round tube) and the mag tube was full, that there was too much pressure on the shells and when I depressed the button it wouldn't release the shell reliably. However, when you put one in the chamber and fired the gun the inertia/jarring of the shells in the tube allowed one to be released and all was good. I found that cutting the spring just 2" fixed that problem and still allowed for reliable final round feeding.

My gun ran flawlessly this past weekend at the Remington Versa Max Shotgun Challenge in NC. There were quite a few 1301 Competitions at the match and a couple of them finished in the top 10...

Mine has a c-rums welded lifter it. My only issue right now is unloading through the port. Seems like it doesn't sit quite low enough to allow the shells to get over the extended lifter easily. It loads just fine to lifter as long as I don't baby the bolt shut when I make ready.

Worked on loading and thus unloading tonight. After more practice I think the lifter is just fine on it. Changed my technique just a little on the unload and they now come right out 95% of the time.

Edited by xtremekramer

Take out your shell catch and polish the side that catches the shells. The shotgun was designed to only have 5 shells stacked on it, were running anywhere from 9 to 12 on it. I polished mine and it hasn't messed up since. You can try stretching the spring a little too.

Actually, this shotgun was designed for IPSC shotgun shooting and ships with a large capacity tube in Europe. Beretta expects long tubes to be put on it in the US. Probably a good idea to smooth out any parts, though.

Actually, this shotgun was designed for IPSC shotgun shooting and ships with a large capacity tube in Europe. Beretta expects long tubes to be put on it in the US. Probably a good idea to smooth out any parts, though.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179930&page=8#entry2021198

This is how it is supplied in the UK :)

Keith

So I picked up my 1301 last night and put the Nordic +5 magazine extension on. The shotgun came with two of the black "plugs" to limit capacity. I don't need (want) to use either of those, correct? This is my first semi-auto shotgun, so I just want to be sure.

So I picked up my 1301 last night and put the Nordic +5 magazine extension on. The shotgun came with two of the black "plugs" to limit capacity. I don't need (want) to use either of those, correct? This is my first semi-auto shotgun, so I just want to be sure.

If it is only used in matches, then you won't want it. Those plugs would be for waterfowl hunting. Unless there is some restriction in certain states or Canada that you need them?