Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Ok, so I just picked up a 24" 1301, and have an XRAIL +5 extension and follower. What brand of barrel clamp works with this combination? I would like to install a set of adjustable sights for slug use, as the slug targets at RM3G can get out beyond 100 yards. I like the Tru-Glo set that clamps onto the vent rib, but have twice lost the rear sight when shooting B&P low recoil slugs. Plenty of blue Loctite was used. Thank you

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else have a problem with getting shells out of the mag tube onto the lifter? If I load up my tube with any more than 6 shells when I hit the button to drop a shell onto the lifter it often will not let a shell out onto the lifter. The shell catch is being depressed but maybe not enough? With 2 or 3 rounds in the tube it works great.

Take your shell catch and polish the shit out of it. Mine used to the same thing. I also shortened my spring so it puts less pressure. It's never caused a problem during a match, just when I practiced loading.

Does anyone else have a problem with getting shells out of the mag tube onto the lifter? If I load up my tube with any more than 6 shells when I hit the button to drop a shell onto the lifter it often will not let a shell out onto the lifter. The shell catch is being depressed but maybe not enough? With 2 or 3 rounds in the tube it works great.

Take your shell catch and polish the shit out of it. Mine used to the same thing. I also shortened my spring so it puts less pressure. It's never caused a problem during a match, just when I practiced loading.

OK thanks that's kind of what I was thinking. It really cost me on a stage at the 3GN western regional. Had to start a stage shotgun empty bolt forward.

Mine does the same. I have crums welded lifter and wondered if that was the problem.

You can try stretching the shell catch spring a little too, but I had the best luck with the polishing and taking some of the length of the tube spring. If I ever have more problems out of it, I'm gonna bevel the shell catch at an angle.

I know it has already been mentioned several times already in this forum, but I received my welded lifter from C-Rums about a month ago. Man it made a difference. I don't have to worry about ripping off my thumbnail anymore and I was having issues with ghost loading with the stock lifter. My ghost load issue was because I wasn't getting the shells in far enough in fear of my thumbnail. Overall I love the gun and have a Nordic +5 with a +2 extension on that for a total of 12+1 and its awesome. My only complaint is like many, have issues with the second shell hanging up with deuces and quads. I have opened the port up a bunch which helped a little, but not a ton.

I know it has already been mentioned several times already in this forum, but I received my welded lifter from C-Rums about a month ago. Man it made a difference. I don't have to worry about ripping off my thumbnail anymore and I was having issues with ghost loading with the stock lifter. My ghost load issue was because I wasn't getting the shells in far enough in fear of my thumbnail. Overall I love the gun and have a Nordic +5 with a +2 extension on that for a total of 12+1 and its awesome. My only complaint is like many, have issues with the second shell hanging up with deuces and quads. I have opened the port up a bunch which helped a little, but not a ton.

Agreed. He did mine and it is great

What does it hang up on?

I have issues with the second shell hitting the sliver of receiver above the follower (assuming the gun is upside down). It seems to me that the loading port is too recessed, and is why some

Folks (including myself) are grinding the sides down. I wish the receiver was actually sloped towards the follower instead of away from it although that would shorten the length of the loading port.

Finding a spare may be tough. If you wanted, you could buy another one from Brownells. I think they are around $41. You could send that straight to c- rums or whoever and not need to be without. Just a thought but I realize it's more expensive

I had someone ask me if I could take pictures of my A400 and my 1301 side by side to see the differences. So I thought I'd share what I found:

I took a bunch of pictures and put them in an imageshack folder. Let me know if you have any issues viewing it. In all of the pictures, the A400 is the one on top.

https://imageshack.com/a/mcSq/1

The only differences I can tell:

- End of magazine is different to accomodate the b-lok feature of the A400.

- A400 stock is longer

- 1301 has a higher raised rib

- 1301 has the mid bead

- A400 obviously has the kick-off

- A400 can shoot 3-1/2s

Similarities:

- Just about everything

- gas system, barrel extension, receiver, bolt carrier group

Can someone confirm the BCG commonality? Snapped my charging handle off going into a dump barrel this weekend and need a new one. Preferably one that isn't cast and fragile.

Nice gun, running reasonably well...not as rugged as I expect (which means I tend to replace parts and have spares as I break them).

I can swap charging handles when I get back, but I'm 99.9% sure they are interchangeable. Briley makes a replaceable charging handle that should be a lot more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed, A400 replaceable charging handle fits. $9 for shipping something that could go USPS for $2...steep.

Finding a spare may be tough. If you wanted, you could buy another one from Brownells. I think they are around $41. You could send that straight to c- rums or whoever and not need to be without. Just a thought but I realize it's more expensive

They are on back order. I would be happy to buy one and do that but they don't have any. I would even be willing to buy someones spare that had done that and then thy could buy it back in a couple of weeks I just want to get this done without losing a couple weeks of practice before the Freedom Munitions match in 2 weeks or so

They are on back order. I would be happy to buy one and do that but they don't have any. I would even be willing to buy someones spare that had done that and then thy could buy it back in a couple of weeks I just want to get this done without losing a couple weeks of practice before the Freedom Munitions match in 2 weeks or so

Paul, I can help you out. PM me your email address.

During practice I discovered a fast way to unload the tube. Push the lifter up and hit the bolt release, and the shell just pop out. It makes it easy for more repetitions with dummy rounds.

Anyone have a spare lifter they would be willing to part with. I want to try a welded one and I don't want to be without my shotgun for a couple of weeks

Turnaround time for my lifter from crums was about 10 days total from the day I shipped it. Very pleased with how it turned out.

I think I solved my problems quad loading. Warning, my solution is......well......hillbilly at best. It is very effective though. I built up the area with some JB weld then sanded away until I had something that worked. I need to cut it back a bit to make a thumb hole but its already much better than before. When I get time, I will take it to someone to make it a little more permanent. I just wanted a working concept that cost next to nothing and is completely reversible if need be. I plan on putting rounds through it Thursday then shooting it in the Hornady match Friday-Sunday. *fingers crossed*

DSC_7436.jpg

DSC_7438.jpg

I like that, I'm thinking of two things. One is making a funnel for that hole w in weld or plastic weld. Two is is it legal to modify that and use the gun in tac ops???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I think that solution may work against you. My thoughts are you will have to push the shells in further with your thumb and it will be harder to make sure they are caught by the shell catcher or you run the risk of having one slide under the lifter... which is a HUGE problem during a stage.

I have since relieved the thumb area so you can push the shells clear into the tube. Now its filled just where it's beveled. Worked well this weekend at Zombies in the Heartland. Can't say as much about my shooting...

One thing I really like about the 1301 is that it has the adjustable stock length. I just put in the 1/2 inch spacer to keep it a little short. I feel I can shoulder the gun a little quicker, and I don't catch the buttpad on my shirt by my armpit when shouldering. Anyone else keep theirs short?

Hey does anyone know for sure, or read that the safety is reversible ? I read it was somewhere & now I cant find it anywhere ...lol A buddy wants to buy one but needs to reverse the safety....

Thanks !

Fireman , did you find out if the safety is reversble?

I saw in another thread here that yes the safety is reversible.

I believe Iggy to be correct here ... I saw the other thread also but I have not seen anything from Beretta officially on it....

I just bought the 24" inch one last night. It says in the owners manual that the safety is reversible.

Hey does anyone know for sure, or read that the safety is reversible ? I read it was somewhere & now I cant find it anywhere ...lol A buddy wants to buy one but needs to reverse the safety....

Thanks !

Fireman , did you find out if the safety is reversble?

I saw in another thread here that yes the safety is reversible.

I believe Iggy to be correct here ... I saw the other thread also but I have not seen anything from Beretta officially on it....

I just bought the 24" inch one last night. It says in the owners manual that the safety is reversible.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182466&hl=