Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JediTodd

Beretta 1301 Comp

Does anybody have any suggestions for a side saddle for my 1301? It's a requirement of an upcoming class I'm taking.

I had someone ask me if I could take pictures of my A400 and my 1301 side by side to see the differences. So I thought I'd share what I found:

I took a bunch of pictures and put them in an imageshack folder. Let me know if you have any issues viewing it. In all of the pictures, the A400 is the one on top.

https://imageshack.com/a/mcSq/1

The only differences I can tell:

- End of magazine is different to accomodate the b-lok feature of the A400.

- A400 stock is longer

- 1301 has a higher raised rib

- 1301 has the mid bead

- A400 obviously has the kick-off

- A400 can shoot 3-1/2s

Similarities:

- Just about everything

- gas system, barrel extension, receiver, bolt carrier group

Edited by jonny4523

How long have you ran it and how many rounds through it?

I got mine in March. I'm somewhere between 500-1000 rounds so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues? I'm coming from Jerry's piece of crap, and want a gun that is 99.99% reliable. I'm less than impressed with the 930

Lube it before you shoot it and use 1 1/8 oz of at least 2 3/4 dr shells that aren't $10 for 500. That was my "reliability package" for the 1301. Zero issues in around 1600 rounds.

I've had mine about 6 months and it has 1000 rounds through it. I feel bad, I haven't cleaned it yet. I have oiled the rotating bolt and the slide rails twice though with CLP.

Winchester is hit or miss in my 1100 (1970's) and my 1301.

Mine runs RIO 1045 reliably, also runs all of the federal 2.75 DRAM to 3.25 DRAM that I have put in it, and all of the herters I have put through it. Ran 250 rounds of Herter's through it and 75 rounds of misc. federal through it a couple weeks ago.

FYI I traded up from a CZ 712. It was a little picky on ammo.

Good luck to ya!

How long have you ran it and how many rounds through it?

No issues? I'm coming from Jerry's piece of crap, and want a gun that is 99.99% reliable. I'm less than impressed with the 930

Lube it before you shoot it and use 1 1/8 oz of at least 2 3/4 dr shells that aren't $10 for 500. That was my "reliability package" for the 1301. Zero issues in around 1600 rounds.

We've been running a 1301 with very little lube with great reliability. Current round count is about 600 rounds. We've had no issues with cycling even with lighter International AA shells for a lighter recoil option once broken in. It had a few issues initially with the light loads but after 100 rounds of full power loads it seems to have broken in.

I should clarify. Lube it before you shoot it the first time. It comes a little dry, at least for my tastes.

I watched a guy have issues with his 1301 at pikes peak sg, the other day, however mine ran everything from 3" 1.75oz turkey loads to 1oz slugs at 1100fps, it also has not been cleaned in 400-500 rounds, but it has been lubed well. The secret should really not be a secret, Kurt and I start all of our classes with this little tidbit,..............................OIL!!!!!!! and not the thin stuff that some companies try to pass off as "gun oil", but something along the lines of ATF or synthetic motor oil.

Many many people simply do not maintain their guns like they should, and then cuss them when they don't work or fail at inopportune times, well thats YOUR fault not the guns.

Feed it good ammo, and keep it lubed, especially if you can't keep it clean!!!!!

Trapr

Agreed. "Like a well oiled machine" isn't just a phrase! Unfortunately win AA, lots of oiling, and siliconing the follower and mag tube didn't do squat to help me at ppsc. Lol.

Any ideas what the other guy's issues were?

Agreed. "Like a well oiled machine" isn't just a phrase! Unfortunately win AA, lots of oiling, and siliconing the follower and mag tube didn't do squat to help me at ppsc. Lol.

Any ideas what the other guy's issues were?

I shot my SuperNova at the PPSC. My arms are Semi Auto and it ran pretty well.

The 1301 is my girlfriends shotgun, and she didn't shoot this match. However, another competitor shot her 1301 at PPSC and has no cycling issues.

Maizes SG has the stock recoil pad She never said a word about her shoulder during or after the match. She did develop a knot under her cheekbone by midday she thought was kind of cool.

Edited by kellymc

If I oil mine much at all it will not run, it runs better when dry and I mean DRY as in no lube anywhere. Where do you lube these, I don't really like running it dry?

Anyone here have a 1301 in the Colorado Springs or Denver area? I'd like to see one in person before I buy one

If I oil mine much at all it will not run, it runs better when dry and I mean DRY as in no lube anywhere. Where do you lube these, I don't really like running it dry?

Weird I run mine fairly wet. I lube the bolt carrier and rails it rides on in the receiver and the rotating breech bolt where it goes into the bolt carrier.

You're not supposed to lube the actual gas piston up under the handguard. Reportedly that will cause malfunctions. I think there is a youtube from beretta (actually for the A400) on maintenance. I think it's in this thread somewhere.

I lube everywhere ropsitos has stated, as well as the exterior of the magazine tube under the handguard. I believe Trapr had a post about this showing burnt tubes from lack of lube? Anyway, I run mine fairly wet (as I did my M2) and I have yet to have any issue at all. It sounds very odd that you'd experience problems running wet but then none when running dry.

I'm betting the problem is lube on the piston. No bueno. I lube all of the above and anything I see getting shiny (well except for that piston).