Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll grab some later tonight. Before, I was having issues with shells jamming during strong side twins ... No problem now. If I flip the gun and do weak hand twins I am getting shells slamming into the lip above the tube. Not sure what could be done to fix that. At least my wife doesn't have issues and its her gun!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

With the weak hand, come in at a steeper angle and keep your hand pressed down on top of the load port...

Mick

I'll grab some later tonight. Before, I was having issues with shells jamming during strong side twins ... No problem now. If I flip the gun and do weak hand twins I am getting shells slamming into the lip above the tube. Not sure what could be done to fix that. At least my wife doesn't have issues and its her gun!

Thanks for this. I did not even think that they would make prefit pads for Beretta. I ordered the Limbsaver 10702 off of amazon, I think it is the correct one that you are talking about. The 10701 seems to be the 'larger one' that you are speaking of.

It would be awesome if this fits it perfectly! I was trying to justify buying a benchtop sander from harbor freight and the miles jig off of midway!

We put a Limbsaver on my wife's 1301 ... They make 2 for the Berettas. We are using the "smaller" of the 2 options as it was the only one Cabelas had in the store and happened to fit. Don't remember the exact size but you will figure it out :-)

Those of you running a 21inch model i have jumped in and ordered one. What is the most common mag length on the 21 inch you guys are running? Cant decide between +3,5, or 7. leaving towards 5.

I am running a +4 with a +1 cap from the shooters source. I can easily load 2 after the beep

FYI everyone, I got the limbsaver 10702 recoil pad in and it fits VERY good!

It will be a couple weeks before I can use it but I am expecting great things. (I was running the limbsaver 'medium' slip on and it was very comfortable to put 300 rounds through).

Thanks for this. I did not even think that they would make prefit pads for Beretta. I ordered the Limbsaver 10702 off of amazon, I think it is the correct one that you are talking about. The 10701 seems to be the 'larger one' that you are speaking of.

It would be awesome if this fits it perfectly! I was trying to justify buying a benchtop sander from harbor freight and the miles jig off of midway!

We put a Limbsaver on my wife's 1301 ... They make 2 for the Berettas. We are using the "smaller" of the 2 options as it was the only one Cabelas had in the store and happened to fit. Don't remember the exact size but you will figure it out :-)

Very NICE Neomet!!!!

The 1301 quad loads pretty good huh?

I have been "lurking" for a while :ph34r: ....trying to pick between an M2 and a 1301 to replace my 15 year old 11-87........I really appreciate all the info you guys are sharing!

I was wondering about quad loading a 1301.....anyone else try quad loading the 1301?

Well, I figure if I could use the load two method on an 11-87, then anything without that carrier release has got to be easier! Plus it looks like the 1301 has only a little bit of overlap on the receiver - about 2/3's less than my 11-87.

Yea - it looks like port opening is a must!....Nothing like buying a $1000 gun and hacking it up before you even shoot it!

At the front it looks like you got real close to the follower but you didnt angle the front of the port towards the follower.......any reason for that?

Do you think it would be advantageous to re-contour the front of the loading port? To re-phrase - kinda do a valve lap job so that the rounds catch and stay in if you hit the follower?

Gentle as ye go mate. :-) The difference between a nicely opened up loading port and turning your receiver into an expensive and clumsy paperweight is small. My photos are at an angle so I wouldn't use them as a guide. I'll take a couple more and send them to you via PM. Also take a look at Red Neck Tactical's FB page which has pics that I used as a guide for the front of the loading port.

The other caveat is I am a lefty so stronghand load from the"wrong" side. You can not drop the ejection port side of the receiver down far at all as the serial number was obviously located by someone who loads traditional weak hand.