Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

When I was shopping for my A400 Xtreme, I could definitely feel a difference between the 26" and 28". The 28" felt more balanced and had a natural swing to it.

I did not get the chance to do this same comparison when I bought my 1301. I already had a +6" extension. So I went with the 24" to get the muzzle closer to the end of the extension.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree for a trunk gun. Inches matter there. I always thought balance was an interesting concept though given the variance in balance of a gun as we run through a tube of shells on a COF, particularly if you are running 12+.

I don't think for me its balance as much as just feeling comfortable handling the gun-that's the trouble with buying guns on the net. I don't think matching the tube length to barrel length matters. I used to, but not lately. So my 21" 1301 has 10+ 1 configuration as well as 8+1 for when needed. My 21" Benelli has 11+1 configuration and an 8+1 tube just in case.

Picked up a 1301 the end of the week before, and my parts came in last week and I finished the loading port mods.

24" with a +5 nordic tube and a shooters source +1 endcap. 10 fits easy. I have a second spring and I'm going to see how far I can cut it down and what that gives me in regards to shell capacity. Dropped on a nordic clamp and a new fiber optic sight as well, and picked up a modified extended choke.

Really happy with the gun. I've shot probably 200 shells through it, mostly fed top gun 2.75 dram, 1-1/8 shot. It eats them just fine. Shoots slugs poa/poi at 40yds, so currently I think I might be good with no rear sight just using the mid bead.

Looking into a matchsaver or the OS shell holder from shooters source.

I had to massage the front of the loading port, basically the entry into the tube, to get it so I can load 2 cleanly and quickly (quickly for me anyway). It was horrible, like non functional horrible as it came from the factory trying to load 2. Just files and sand paper, and really I don't think I took that much off

post-43942-0-77448200-1398889836_thumb.j

The 24 inch barrel 1301 with a +5 NC mag extension, C-RUMS lifter, and A400 mega kick off stock is a real shooting machine. Recoil is soft even with slugs- reliability is great with all loads and it cycles fast. This is a gas benelli !!!!!!!!!!

Load 2 is very quick and easy with this setup.

Edited by verla

24" with a +5 nordic tube and a shooters source +1 endcap. 10 fits easy. I have a second spring and I'm going to see how far I can cut it down and what that gives me in regards to shell capacity. Dropped on a nordic clamp and a new fiber optic sight as well, and picked up a modified extended choke.

Looking into a matchsaver or the OS shell holder from shooters source.

I had to massage the front of the loading port, basically the entry into the tube, to get it so I can load 2 cleanly and quickly (quickly for me anyway). It was horrible, like non functional horrible as it came from the factory trying to load 2. Just files and sand paper, and really I don't think I took that much off

I have a +4 and a +1 cap and I get 10 easily you should be able to get 11 easily with a 5 and a 1

The 24 inch barrel 1301 with a +5 NC mag extension, C-RUMS lifter, and A400 mega kick off stock is a real shooting machine. Recoil is soft even with slugs- reliability is great with all loads and it cycles fast. This is a gas benelli !!!!!!!!!!

Load 2 is very quick and easy with this setup.

I really want to try that mega kick off stock with my 1301. Was yours in stock at Brownells at the time you bought it, or did you just backorder/special order (status right now), and it came in after a bit?

Edited by trgt

Those of you running a 21inch model i have jumped in and ordered one. What is the most common mag length on the 21 inch you guys are running? Cant decide between +3,5, or 7. leaving towards 5.

Those of you running a 21inch model i have jumped in and ordered one. What is the most common mag length on the 21 inch you guys are running? Cant decide between +3,5, or 7. leaving towards 5.

I put a +4 for 8+1 for Horner matches and got one of the new Nordic couplers + 2 that makes it a 10+1. The couplers are great.

post-14685-0-23290100-1399236683_thumb.j

Decided to pattern some Prairie Storm at 25 m. 2 shots 12 ga. 1 1/4 oz #6, 1500fps. Like clearing your sinuses out in the morning. This should take down any stubborn steel you can come up with. 90% of shot in circle.

Is anyone using a good recoil pad for the 1301? I have a limbsaver slip on (medium) that works great, but it slips around quite a bit and I am constantly adjusting it.

Has anyone tried to fit a limbsaver grind to fit (or something similar) with any success?

I blasted about 300 clays this weekend with my 21" and IM choke. What great fun!

Thanks!

I bought my 1301 24" for 3 gun but I still like going out to my local club and shooting skeet with the boys. I have been using the flush mounted IC choke that came with it for now and I obviously want to upgrade to a skeet or cylinder choke. Anyone tried the Optima HP 2" extended choke (cylinder)? Any other suggestions. BTW I sold my Ruger O/U to buy this so the 1301 is all I've got.

Thx

Is anyone using a good recoil pad for the 1301? I have a limbsaver slip on (medium) that works great, but it slips around quite a bit and I am constantly adjusting it.

Has anyone tried to fit a limbsaver grind to fit (or something similar) with any success?

I blasted about 300 clays this weekend with my 21" and IM choke. What great fun!

Thanks!

Does it feel like it kicks hard enough to need more padding? I'm pretty happy with the factory pad.

I have been accused of "being soft" but limbsaver slip on does add a lot of comfort to it. I want the wife to feel comfortable shooting it too.

Thanks!

Does it feel like it kicks hard enough to need more padding? I'm pretty happy with the factory pad.

Thanks!

I put a KickEez pad on mine. The pad was wider and longer than the factory pad. I'm not worried about the larger size. It isn't a show gun and the larger pad distributes what push there is into a larger area of my shoulder pocket.

Pat

Pat, do you know which version you got of the kick eez ?

Grind to fit? Pre fit? Looking at their website now.

Thank you!

Thanks!

I put a KickEez pad on mine. The pad was wider and longer than the factory pad. I'm not worried about the larger size. It isn't a show gun and the larger pad distributes what push there is into a larger area of my shoulder pocket.

Pat

I put a 5 1/4" x 1 7/8" pad (402-6M) on mine. It is a grind to fit that has not been ground. It was off of my trap gun when I replaced it for a thicker pad. Your thickness will depend on what you want. I added the Beretta spacer also. Check Gamaliel Shooting Supply.

Pat

We put a Limbsaver on my wife's 1301 ... They make 2 for the Berettas. We are using the "smaller" of the 2 options as it was the only one Cabelas had in the store and happened to fit. Don't remember the exact size but you will figure it out :-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

And she just got back from C-Rums with the opened loading port and welded lifter

IMG_20140506_112032_zps0dk4veg6.jpg

The Nordic +5 with the spring cut to 12" past the tube still wasn't allowing 10 rounds so instead of cutting more spring and risk reliability we added a xxl cap .... This is on the 21" model

IMG_20140506_111651_zpskqgruomd.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by IntenseImage