Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

So I picked up my 1301 today. Put a Nordic +5 ext on it. Loaded 8 about 20 times. Lifter needs no work. Light. Great texture to grip and forearm.

Needs a longer FO bead and rear sling swivel. Maybe nothing else.

Looks cool, feels cool, price is real cool...now to see how it shoots shot and slugs. More to come.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine ran like a top during the AR15.com Pro Am last weekend. A couple of other shooters gave it a try and loved the light recoil and weight as well. I think they will be getting a lot of orders coming their way very soon.

I held one of these the other day and the butt felt really short, do they come with an extension in the box?

Yes. It comes with a 1" & a 1/2" spacer. I put the 1" on, lop is about 14 1/2".

So I picked up my 1301 today. Put a Nordic +5 ext on it. Loaded 8 about 20 times. Lifter needs no work. Light. Great texture to grip and forearm.

Looks cool, feels cool, price is real cool...now to see how it shoots shot and slugs. More to come.

Any chance you can measure the length of the mag tube and plus 5 extension? Silly new CO gun law...

Any chance you can measure the length of the mag tube and plus 5 extension? Silly new CO gun law...

Isn't the law based off the number of inches of shells rather than the length of the tube? You would have to measure the length of the shells that actually fit in the tube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

If anyone wants to shoot a 1301 with the Kick off, and you're at pro am, just ask. We will have an RNT modded 1301 there.

Trapr

Any idea how much LOP the kick-off adds compared to the short pad that comes on the 1301?

I ordered a 1301 with a 24'' barrel the other day, got a Nordic + 7 tube on the way. I am going to buy the Carlson's choke tubes and have a question. On Brownells it mentions that Beretta choke tubes interchange with Benelli, is that the case with the 1301 as well? I do not see in the catalog where it mentions the Optima HP type choke tube in Carlson's brand. I want to make sure I order the right chokes, or if Benelli does interchange then I do not need to order any. Thanks in advance.

As a follow-up, on the last stage of the Pro-Am, the bolt release lever came off of mine. It looks like the screw worked lose during the match. Luckily the RO spotted it in the dump barrel. I would advise a little loctite in the screw. Other than that, really happy with the gun!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

This thing will shoot slugs. I know this sounds like a story, but the first 3 rounds I put through this thing were rem low recoil slugs at 100 yards. 3" low 3" right. Just about touching each other. 2 cutting the same hole.

Was shooting rifles and just though what the heck.

Very cool.

This thing will shoot slugs. I know this sounds like a story, but the first 3 rounds I put through this thing were rem low recoil slugs at 100 yards. 3" low 3" right. Just about touching each other. 2 cutting the same hole.

Was shooting rifles and just though what the heck.

Very cool.

Good to hear. My xtrema shoots the same slug 12" left and 6" down. My local dealers aren't stocking this gun yet. What's a reputable dealer to order one of these from? I want to place an order pronto! I already ordered my Nordic +5 mag tube today!

Picked up the 1301 today. Initial impression is pretty good.

For those that already have one, have you done any additional work to the loading port? I load weakhand and it seems like the front of the port may need a little rounding (for me). I've only played with it for about 30 min, but was having a lot of shells nosedive/jam into the port instead of the mag. Seemed like they need a little more up angle to get in than on a benelli. Taking it to the range tomorrow to see how it shoots.