Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Guns Poll, price is not a determining factors

wes777

I have the last complete open build by Gary at Gans.

It's chambered in 38 super, runs perfectly.

My buddy has the last complete limited build he did.

Youre not he first person that Ive heard say that, probably not the last either

Exactly what he said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

I bought a SVI once. Never again. It was very nice but they act like they are doing you a huge favor to take your money and wait month after month. I ended up asking for a refund and my, my, the gun was done in a week.

How long ago was that? Brandon and team are very available and very responsive to any questions even replying on weekends. Always been up front on their delivery times even it is not what most want to hear 15-18 months (currently) but at least you know this going into the purchase....I found them just helpful even before I owned a SV.....

I got a open rebarrelled by Gans. Wouldn't run after 100 rounds. The barrel bed was cut to deep, the bottom of the barrel was hitting the slide and it was riding on the link. When I called, his answer was to take a grinder to the slide.

Voted for SV; would love to own one one day but quite simply the price and 1 yr+ wait scare me. With that said my Open gun was built by Gans a couple of years ago and it shoots quite well. Sent him two boxes of parts and about two weeks later a completed 100% custom gun is at my FFL dealer.

I have an STI that was customized by Dan Bedell and have shot several of his full custom guns, They are fantastic if you can get one. I am having a new shorty gun made by Shaun Hopkins. He has done a lot of work for people in the area and he did a custom limited gun for me about a year and a half ago, and simply put that gun just runs.