Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Master or GM shooting a Trubor

ChrisG164

I'm curious to hear about the shooters who have qualified as Master or GM using a Trubor or Trubor variant....i.e. Steelmatch.

I ask because I feel it'd be a bad idea to spend almost 5k on my first OPEN gun, This way, if I bought a Trubor I would have a gun to practice and compete with while saving money and getting experience.

I understand that it has a lot more to do with the competitor than the gun, but I'd be mor...

Thanks for you time.

Chris G.

Wow, how apropos! I just made Master with a bone stock Trubore, with maybe a little trigger work, but that's it. Do I think it's a good idea? Heck yes it's a good idea. Even better is finding one used and going that route.

Full disclosure: I normally shoot a tricked out GANs gun with all the bells and whistles. I cracked a slide and thought my summer plans of making Master were crushed until a buddy (CB45) stepped up and offered his back up Trubore. I had some timing issues getting use to it. But, after I simply decided to SEE, that kinda cured itself.

Long story short, I turned in some of my best classifiers using that stock Trubore. So "hold you back", nah, I don't think so. Yes my GANs gun is way better feeling to me, but no matter what you spend, money wise, the principles of achieving M/GM are the same. You gotta have those same skills and IMHO no gun is gonna give you those skills.

Simply put,.......it's the Indian not the arrow.

A Trubore is terrific bang for the buck and can take you right to the top of the game.

I just had Blackdog Gunworks do a little work to my TruBor. For about $500 + the initial cash for the gun I have an open gun that has all the bells and whistles and it runs like a top. Planning on shooting this one a while. I can't see where a custom built gun will make me any better of a shooter. Am I planning on a custom build? Yeah, but I stick to my original statement, it won't make me a better shooter. Only practice and time at the range will do that.

post-33708-0-38934800-1376945539_thumb.j

I know of folks who made Production Master shooting $650 Glocks. I know Production is not Open but the principle is the same .... It's the magician not the magic wand that counts ..... Spend your money on ammo and you'll get there with most any competition quality gun ...