Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powerfactor Shooting 1911 shims for CR Speed mag pouch

Deernut

I ordered one 1911 shim for my CR Speed Versa mag pouch from Shooters Connection and love it. I wanted 4 more but they were out so I ordered 4 from Powerfactor Shooting thinking they probably were the same source. What was odd was that the Powerfactor shims came with shims to shim the shims. Maybe they ordered the wrong thickness nylon stock and are trying to get rid of it, but when I ordered 1911 shims I assumed they would fit a standard 1911 mag. Their advertizement for the shims doesn't give any indication that the shims are not the right thickness and have to be shimmed some more. Even the holes are not centered. When I tried to match up the shims with the supplied shim shims, the holes don't line up and the edges don't line up.

photo.jpg?t=1375942505
photo-3.jpg?t=1375942648
photo-2.jpg?t=1375942603

I emailed Sean Gaines at powerfactor but no response. Has anyone else had any experience with this brand of shims? I'm astounded at the amaturish workmanship, false representation, and then lack of response by the company.

Since we're talking about single stack and not worried about fitting different size magazines, why on earth would the shims not be the right size the first time. Has anyone dealt with this company or did I run into someone with a band saw in his garage?

Thanks, JIM