Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady LNL Primer Chute

Does anyone else have the very last primer hang in the magazine tube?

Mine does it somewhat randomly... 99th falls fine, 100th gets hung behind the primer tube 'stick' follower and then magically appears a few pulls later.

Kinda weird, so I thought someone else might've had this experience.

TIA

It happens occasionally. I wound up buying a pack of the cheap long craft pipe cleaners at Michael's and I just run them down the tube when I have an issue. It generally does the trick.

I'm not using a primer rod.

I put some tape on my primer rod to indicate when its getting empty and I think that added enough weight that I never experience this problem.

Usually though, I don't run it to empty, I fill it up before then.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried just about everything and never could get that last primer to feed properly. So after a couple years of frustration and about 20k rounds later I finally solved the problem.....I sold it and bought a Dillon 650.

My small primer tube works like a clock with a brass rod marked at 50 and 100 primers to push the primers down. When I use the same brass rod on large primers I always get the last primer go sideways when it reaches the bottom of the tube. I think if I used a wider brass rod the last primer would not twist. I just have a hard time spending the $10 to buy one.

I tried just about everything and never could get that last primer to feed properly. So after a couple years of frustration and about 20k rounds later I finally solved the problem.....I sold it and bought a Dillon 650.

So now instead of the last primer hanging up, you have to worry about primer explosions. :yawn:

So now instead of the last primer hanging up, you have to worry about primer explosions. :yawn:

Not any more then I had to with the Hornady. And at least this press works as it should. Can't say that for the Hornady with all the issues I experienced. I have no regrets.

I ran a about 2000 roumds through feiends 650 before I bought hornady lnl like it mutch better then Dillon.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I wish you the best of luck with your press. Many people love their Hornady LNL AP's. and have no issues. I did so I moved on.