Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Shoe, what do you wear?

Zmego

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I proudly wear SWAT Chase 9" side zips

with these I expect to be faster, more agile, Far far more stable while on the move, and the main benefit is I will look so damn good while doing so.

Oh and i hear they are built lower to the ground for better speed out the start box.

the real reason is that they

support the Shooting sports

are very very comfortable

and I got a cert from the Nationals.

I would pontificate more upon my chosen foot wear but I now I'm late for something called "DryFire Practice" ??????

I think it some new fad that the Ammunition company's and the internet came up with to make you want more guns to play with . . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Size 14, Slip and Falls. No better footwear for the dedicated 3-Gunner! Even if you wear size 9!

LOL, your just toooo funny

At BRM3G some of the stages were so greasy after the rain that anything less than football cleats where filled with sludge and required "skating" to your next position. But, maybe the right choice of socks would help, eh?

For the people wearing Salomon Speedcross 3 how long are they lasting? Are they a decent shoe for everyday wear? I went to pick up a pair and was advised they don't last long and especially with any kind of everyday wear. I want to know if there is any truth to that. <br /><br />Sent From Mobile Land<br /><br />

What about socks! Damn what socks do the Top Guys wear to win!

Sorry guys, I just couldn't take this thread seriously and I should not have added my sarcastic 2 cents.

Carry on,

Patrick

I'm confused why this can't be considered a viable thread. Maybe I am partial because I started it. I was sick of wearing my hunting boots for matches and decided I wanted to buy something new. Before I went out and purchased a pair of "Slip and Falls", I figured that I could ask what others wear and see what works best for them. I figured people would chime in about comfort, durability, etc. to help me decide what my next purchase should be.

More discussions on footwear than shooting technique. My 2cents...get two of whatever.... so if you mud, rain, tear the first, you have a second.

What is trigger control...? Opps wrong forum... shoes it's gotta be the shoes!

I posted this topic in the "Multi-gun Gear & Accessories" forum because that is where it belongs. If I was seeking advice on technique then I would have inquired about it in the appropriate forum as well.

I am a big fan of yours Mr. Kelley, but I found it a bit insulting that you felt the need to tear down and make fun of what I thought was a totally viable inquiry. I was under the impression that asking those that are better than you for help and guidance is what these forums are all about? Thank you for correcting my misguided thoughts...that's my 2 cents.

I like to use big tall tube socks so when I wear my non match shooting foot-wear the boot tops don't rub a hole in my calf. On match day I just pull them down in a big ball above the top of my shoes and it keeps all the gravel and junk out. I like the slip on Merril,s but I wouldn't have any idea about the model number or name.

Can't speak for 3-gunning but I imagine it would matter if it was a woods walk or not. If so, I used to be a good trail runner and can say that the higher end Asics trail runners are great. The lower end ones like the Asics Gel Venture don't have soles that last. Several other brands like Merrill have very stiff soles that never seem to break in. The more expensive Asics with gel are just right especially if you need a stability shoe. They prevent your foot from rolling sideways if you hit a root or rock funny. Which, is a big concern, as during the shotgun competition earlier this year, somebody broke their ankle or snapped a ligament or something at RockCastle.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters