Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75B load data & info

mike g35

I just got my first CZ, a 75B stainless. I've been reading alot of posts about load data and I've seen some guys say they have to load pretty short in their CZ's. I've also read about guys reaming their chambers to shoot 147's. Just wondered if you guys could elaborate on some of this and possibly share a decent 124gr load. Thanks.

It's not just the bullet weight, but the bullet profile; round nosed bullets load the longest in my CZs. I can go as long as 1.165" with Berry's 135s, Xtreme 124s are the same. I really like Unique with 124s, very soft. 5.5gr of Unique made 146PF with a 124 loaded 1.143" in my CZ, next time I plan to back down to 5.1gr.

First you need to test your barrel! Do the drop test.(see Link) You need to this with each bullet type you use in a CZ. What type of shooting are you doing? target, uspsa, idpa? what bullets are you going to be using(Montana Gold, Precision Delta, XTreme)?

What powder do you have?

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34225.0

It's not just the bullet weight, but the bullet profile; round nosed bullets load the longest in my CZs. I can go as long as 1.165" with Berry's 135s, Xtreme 124s are the same. I really like Unique with 124s, very soft. 5.5gr of Unique made 146PF with a 124 loaded 1.143" in my CZ, next time I plan to back down to 5.1gr.

I have WST , and some ,Bullseye powder I want to try out with RMR ,Xtreme,and Berry HBRN 124 grain RN. Im using 1.140 for my OAL of choice in my CZ 85 for IDPA. Have you tried these setups?

min and max grains and fps would help get me that 125PF at least

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Montana's 124g with AA5 at 5.5g and 1.150COL in my 75B for years. Feeds everytime, accuracy and cycling is perfect for my gun. Not dirty either. Win brass, Federal SPP's. I've used the range of 5.2-5.8g's and they all work well in my gun, but the 5.5g's is the most accurate for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trolling around this forum and I've learned much from everyone here so I figure its time for me to share.

FWIW, here's what I got out of my loads this weekend that I shot on my CZ Shadow Target:

Load #1 using xtreme 124 round at OAL of 1.130 using WST powder 4.8gr, Fiocchi SPP

This load (sample size of 5 shots) chrono came back at 1046FPS @ PF of 129.7

Load #2 using bear creek 125 flat tip at OAL of 1.130 using WST powder 4.8gr, Fiocchi SPP

This load (sample size of 5 shots) chrono came back at 1086FPS @ PF of 135.7

I made a batch of 200 per bullet type and my sample of 5 for the chrono tests were randomly selected from the batches that I loaded.

I also cleared out the first 10 powder charges after I changed the powder discharge setting. Additionally since WST is sensitive to temperature (I know because I've tested and validated for myself), the temp last Sat was about 87degrees.

Note that I've been using the OAL of 1.130 for over 2k rounds now and I haven't run into any issues with feeding.

• 2 weeks later...