Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 34 sights

cody123

what is wrong with me? i could get a nice group maybe 2inch max at 10yards with the factory g34 sights . i changed mine to the dawson fiberoptic 100w and 310 high front with the newer style bomar adjustable rears. now my group at 10 yards is like 4inch. also seems like no mater how much i adjust to bring poi and poa together it does work. im shooting right high. so i adjusted the rear sight the the right and down, is this the wrong way? reason i changed them was my stock ones are plastic and they were not even across the top . also i dont care for the rear sight picture i have bad eyes and the all black with f.o front helps out.

I think that the sight width deal is way more of a personal deal than an absolute. I changed to an .075" wide front and I can bear down and shoot a 6" group at 50 yards off hand. I understand that isn't bullseye type accuracy, but compared to what I could do with the factory (.125"?) it is amazing.

I do find it much faster as well.

It is easy, bro, if you shoot better with a wider sight, go get one. If you prefer narrower, learn to shoot it.

I had installed the Sevigny competition set on my 34 (.150 notch with a .115 front) and I had trouble shooting groups at 25 meters. I've changed it to a Heinie Classic rear with a .125 front and now it just 'works'.

I guess the combination between front and rear sight is very 'personal'?

I have a .245 warren sight on mine and I'm impacting low. I think I need to get a .225 or .235 if I'm 2'' low at around 25 feet.

Dawson has a calculation for sight heights on his website. Depending on your sight radius, you might need to go a little lower.

I have a .245 warren sight on mine and I'm impacting low. I think I need to get a .225 or .235 if I'm 2'' low at around 25 feet.

IIRC, the 245 is supposed to work best with the 34/35. 215 for the others, however, I run a 215 on my 34 and it's just fine. Probably just compensated for any differences over time. Wasn't until well after I had been using them that I found the 245 was for the 34/35. Can't remember what site I saw that on, maybe CPWSA.

IIRC, the 245 is supposed to work best with the 34/35. 215 for the others, however, I run a 215 on my 34 and it's just fine. Probably just compensated for any differences over time. Wasn't until well after I had been using them that I found the 245 was for the 34/35. Can't remember what site I saw that on, maybe CPWSA.

Are you POI/POA with the .215? I pretty much have to line up the rear notch to the bottom of the red bead of the front sight to hit on impact.

If you are shooting high right then move left and down. Move to where you want bullet to impact. Also the .100 wide is more narrow than what you were used to so that can be throwing off your groups

What he said!