Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev GW Stainless 24 slide ordered!

dskinsler83

well, i had to pull the trigger too. just ordered a ZEV slide for my 35. the lower is all from ZEV, so might as well match it up. they said 8 weeks, i was hoping for a little quicker to be able to shoot it for USCA Nationals. maybe I will get lucky and it will get done quicker. should be sweet, can't wait

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i had to pull the trigger too. just ordered a ZEV slide for my 35. the lower is all from ZEV, so might as well match it up. they said 8 weeks, i was hoping for a little quicker to be able to shoot it for USCA Nationals. maybe I will get lucky and it will get done quicker. should be sweet, can't wait

I'm glad I could stir up the interest for y'all :-)

I

Can you weigh your 6" slide for me? No barrel or spring, but leave the guts in it. My lightened 24 slide weighs 15.3 oz and my stock 35 slide is 15.1 in case anyone is wondering.

13.8 oz

y8esyna7.jpg

Stock 35 gen 3 is 15.06 oz

abemamut.jpg

Stock 34 gen 4 is 13.33 oz

6asuraqu.jpg

Slide wall thickness comparison

gu4ybyza.jpg

Edited by Stician

My hands just don't agree with it. Loved EVERYTHING about the gun I had built. Now I will have another SS but it will be a while. My thumbs are short and my draw style just isn't right for the longer tang of a 1911 beaver tail

BUT EVERYTHING ONE CAN DO WITH A 2011 can be done with a GLOCK. Shooting wise. I mean accuracy is sufficient sights can be made adjustable and magazine capacity is same for most part. The trigger is different but it's just a mechanical device and can be learned how to be used. My nature point of aim is better with the GLOCK and ZevTech makes them look BADA$$ :-)

It's called Titanium Nitride or TiN for short. It offers protection bling and some lubricity to the metal. It offers a nice contrast on black as well! TiN has been used for years

I see, thanks for your reply.

Is that something GlockWorx did for you, or did you have to send it somewhere else to be coated?

A

It's called Titanium Nitride or TiN for short. It offers protection bling and some lubricity to the metal. It offers a nice contrast on black as well! TiN has been used for years

I see, thanks for your reply.

Is that something GlockWorx did for you, or did you have to send it somewhere else to be coated?

Glockworx is a one stop shop, I sent a new factory frame and they built the rest around it. My slide is deep blue. It looks gray black indoors and blue under the sun. Reminds me of old Italian supercars from the 70s. The Lamborghini Miura comes to mind, blue with gold wheels and ox blood interior. Adam Carolla's was my build inspiration

u7ameza6.jpg

Edited by Stician

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Zev really does some incredible work. Long slides are by far my favorite of the Glock's and the ones in this thread are astounding. I almost don't even want to look at the pics of them. I start to lose control and will end up selling my car or something to fullfill my urge for a new gun. Ok.. that may be a bit extreme, but i do see one in eventually in my future.

damn it! i have a G17 that glockworx worked over and i love. I just got my Brazo's Custom Limited and even now Im shooting my G34 more then my Brazo's. Once you posted up pics of the G24, now i want one. I feel comfortable with my glocks. They just feel right. My 2011 is awesome but damn Zev and dskinsler83 doing it right!!!! looks like ill be calling Ray Wong again!