Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magna Port or Comp

10mmjunkie

Have a Hunter with both 45 and 10mm uppers and was looking to port/comp the 10mm. As I can find no one that makes barrels longer than 6 in for this pistol the comp option is not looking good. Has anyone ever Magna Ported one of these? Would like to hear any feedback on this.

10mmjunkie

The Hunter is already so long, if I wanted a compensated top end for a Hunter I would use a Match slide with a threaded Hunter barrel and a comp like Mark did with his Match:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=60614

Edited by kneelingatlas

Kneelinatlas,

I do indeed reload. Part of my interest is a fellow 10mm lover who discovered that his velocities actually increased when he ported his Delta Elite. I am loading 200gr Nosler HPs with Hogdon 110, AA9, and Power Pistol. Would love to try Blue Dot but can not find any.

I also run both 9mm and 40 S&W Limited top ends on this frame with excellent results. Suppose I could get a 10mm Limited Barrel and try to Comp it and run it on the 40 S&W Limited Slide. Already have a 20lb spring on it. Again has anyone tried?

JW