Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIRT Pistol Battery Problem...

ramms123

I recently bought a SIRT training pistol and after changing the battery it no longer works...I have tried multiple batteries (different brands, etc...) Just wondering if this is a common problem or a simple solution that I just happen to overlook. HELP!! I need my dry fire training tool back! :(

Did you call/email NLT? While I haven't had to change batteries, and haven't had any other problems, my understanding from those in the know is that Mike Hughes and company are very responsive.

Edited by kevin c

I have just heard back from SIRT who was very prompt in there response and they informed me its common for the contact point for the battery to become bent slightly. So just a slight tweak and all is well. Thanks SIRT! Keep up with the great products!!! :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the thread necromancy.

I too just bought the sirt, and it was working find till I adjusted the trigger break force and now it appears that the battery contact that contacts in front of the trigger has been bent. I bent it back but it keeps getting currled up for lack of a better description (maybe I can add pictures later).

Which end of the battery contact did you have issue with? Sounds like the battery side or trigger side?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought an SIRT pro model a while back and the take up laser (red) will not work. Upon looking at the manual, I only cannot figure out my problem because I cannot figure out how to remove slide assembly.manual says remove pins, but they won't budge. I don't want to break anything, do they. Have to be pressed out with a press, or a punch and hammer? Or am I doing something wrong? Picture shows an Allen wrench and the other pins push right out. I've put a considerable amount of pressure on pins and they won't move, does it matter from what side to drive them out?

I bought an SIRT pro model a while back and the take up laser (red) will not work. Upon looking at the manual, I only cannot figure out my problem because I cannot figure out how to remove slide assembly.manual says remove pins, but they won't budge. I don't want to break anything, do they. Have to be pressed out with a press, or a punch and hammer? Or am I doing something wrong? Picture shows an Allen wrench and the other pins push right out. I've put a considerable amount of pressure on pins and they won't move, does it matter from what side to drive them out?

It's like a Glock, I had to tap mine out the first time and they loosen up a bit. Tap from the left to push them out the right side just like a Glock.

It's like a Glock, I had to tap mine out the first time and they loosen up a bit. Tap from the left to push them out the right side just like a Glock.

Ok, so if it is those two pins then mine came right out. I was trying the other two that are on the slide that aren't made to come out. The two like on a regular glock on the frame, (one above trigger, one at end) came out fine, but the top still will not come off. That is why I thought it was the wrong pins. Any other reason it shouldn't just come right off?

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...