Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger not resetting...... striker not catching trigger bar

maxpower

Like the title said when the slide is locked back and i use the slide release the slide slams forward and the trigger does not reset but on 2 occasions the gun has fired. if i grab the slide and lightly let the slide forward it works perfect and while shooting it works perfect. it only happens when i use the slide release and the slide moves forward fast and hard. i thought it might be the trigger bar so i replaced that and it is still happening. has anyone had the striker wear to where it wont catch sometimes? thanks for any help in advanced.

Sort of. I had an aftermarket trigger and and aftermarket striker that started having reset problems (never any ADs) after about 5K rounds. Since I wasn't sure what was causing the problem I swapped the aftermarket striker for the OEM since the striker was the easier of the two to switch. I haven't had any reset issues since.

sorry for the lack of details. it is a g22 with a glockworx trigger, spring kit and the v4 connector. the striker is stock that has been polished. i have changed all the springs back to stock and the trigger from stock to the glockworx fulcrum trigger. neither had any effect. so im thinking the striker is worn down.

Generally reset is a connector issue. Then a striker issue. A lack of engagement with the rear of trigger bar and striker release leg. If you have an extra rear cover plate grind it down to to make an armorers plate to see the striker leg/bar engagement and connect working.

If its a factory striker with lots of rounds on it and you keep polishing it then its prob outta spec

Glockworx makes their V4 striker to be able to stone and polish and fit for optimal engagement by a smith if need be but usually everything is pretty nice out of the package.

You will run into issues with the Gen 2.5 frames and some of the V4 connectors from other dealers with all the shipping and handling they go through the can get out if spec and I have had this happen on numerous occasions. Glockworx will stand by the product and make it right on their end but you have to do your part and contact them. They can't fix a prob if they don't know of one

Tyro Shooter here (Tim Kelley) is a great person to deal with from Glockworx.

ok i cut up a back plate to see what was going on. when i cycle the slide slowly everything works as designed the connector moves with the slide groove and the trigger bar and striker contact each other and releases like normal. when the slide hammers forward forcefully like when the slide release is used the trigger goes forward and is under the striker. the trigger bar doesnt catch the striker. i hope that helps.

OK so the trigger is going forward but the gun is not resetting, correct? If that is the case then you have a problem with your connector. That is what cams the trigger bar down when you squeeze the trigger, and what needs to pop back into place when the trigger is released.

If you hold the trigger to the rear and rack the slide, does the trigger move forward as you release it? If so is your problem that the striker does not release when you pull the trigger after a forceful slide drop? If that is the case then too much has been taken off the trigger bar and the connector is unable to cam it down enough to release the striker.

Stock everything in the gun and the problem still occurs. when the slide forcefully goes forward with my finger off the trigger the trigger moves forward to the reset position and the trigger safety engages but the trigger bar does not catch the striker, if i keep the trigger depressed and do the same thing the trigger resets and catches the striker and works as designed. i wish i had a better way to explain. thanks guys for all the ideas and help.

Edited by maxpower

Look in and see how much striker leg trigger bar engagement you have from your newly fashion armorers back plate. IE when you slowly reset the action and have striker leg trigger bar engagement or for a lack of better term how much sear engagement is there? IE with no tension on the trigger pad does the striker leg come down to the bottom of the edge or stop in the center of the edge or close to the top?

When you do pull the trigger do you feel that the striker is dropping prematurely? Or do you get a full travel with some prep available before the striker drops?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 7/31/2013 at 7:24 PM, dskinsler83 said:

Generally reset is a connector issue. Then a striker issue. A lack of engagement with the rear of trigger bar and striker release leg. If you have an extra rear cover plate grind it down to to make an armorers plate to see the striker leg/bar engagement and connect working.

If its a factory striker with lots of rounds on it and you keep polishing it then its prob outta spec

Glockworx makes their V4 striker to be able to stone and polish and fit for optimal engagement by a smith if need be but usually everything is pretty nice out of the package.

You will run into issues with the Gen 2.5 frames and some of the V4 connectors from other dealers with all the shipping and handling they go through the can get out if spec and I have had this happen on numerous occasions. Glockworx will stand by the product and make it right on their end but you have to do your part and contact them. They can't fix a prob if they don't know of one

Tyro Shooter here (Tim Kelley) is a great person to deal with from Glockworx.

Thanks so much for your expertise!  My G19 wasn't releasing the striker.  I inspected all parts and everything appeared to be fine.  Then I saw your post and installed a different connector and all is good again!  Thanks again.

Great info guys.  My trigger is terrible so I’m going to try polishing and then change to Wolff springs for striker and trigger one at a time.  The trigger is very heavy and you can feel a lot of drag during the entire pull.