Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 ICORE INTERNATIONAL POSTAL MATCH

Hi fellas,

The 2013 ICORE International Postal Match is available for download on the ICORE web site.

This match can be shot between 1st August thru 31st December 2013.

You do not need to be a member of ICORE to participate in this match.

Full details are on match package cover sheet.

Dust off those revolvers and give the match a try.

While you are at it, have some fun and see if you can get a 1st timer to shoot the match as well.

Good Luck

PK

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 November 2013 listed as our Club's date to shoot the International Postal Match at the Big Piney Sportsmans Club In South Central Missouri USA. Starting time 9 am, Entry Fee $10 first entry, $5 additional Division Entries. You can enter in all 3 Divisions if you like.

Big Piney Sportsman's Club

18012 Highway B ...... (Halfway between Houston & Raymondville)

Houston Missouri 65483

POC Bob Roach roachw@wildblue.net

http://www.bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

This should be a fun match to shoot. The Postal Match had 450 entries in 2012. Paul is looking to break 500 in 2013.

We all need to make an effort to round up a new revolver shooter, and get them to shooting ICORE Matches.

Bob

First chance to enter in IPM 2013 in Italy will be next Sept 8 in Frassinoro; third and last opportunity will be host by Dynamic Shooting League in Filottrano half of November.

Second round will take place in Northeast of Italy ( Toppo or Agna) in a date to be determinated in october.

This should be a fun match to shoot. The Postal Match had 450 entries in 2012. Paul is looking to break 500 in 2013.

We all need to make an effort to round up a new revolver shooter, and get them to shooting ICORE Matches.

• 4 weeks later...

I am really sorry to report Frassinoro's results: only 3 Limited shooters ( all members of the staff) and a single (1) Classic shooter.

Economic, logistic, weather and communication worked together against the first Italian round of IPM.

Hope to get larger numbers in the next dates.

• 1 month later...

A question on Stage III.

2rp2p75.jpg

It is calling for the AP-1 targets, with Black X Rings on this Stage.

Just wondering if using D1's with the X Ring painted Black is OK,???

We are getting ready to order the AP-1's Monday.

It was a wonder that I caught this Stage not using D1's till match set up 2 November.

Bob

Thanks PK

We are gaining a few shooters at a time. We picked up 3 new shooters our last match.

We are still under 10, but we are only on our second invitational Match. We have another few who have had other matches getting in the way of making our's. I think we will start picking up a few of the old North Arkansas ICORE shooters by the first of the year.

Thanks Again

Bob

I will post all Four Stages for your review. This should be a fun match.

STAGE I "FUMBLE" 6 D1 Targets 36 Rounds Limited

2wmgr3r.jpg

STAGE II "BIT OF EACH" 12 D1 Targets 32 Rounds Limited

v5ix6x.jpg

STAGE III "X RING TEST" 3 AP1 Targets 18 Rounds Limited

2rp2p75.jpg

STAGE IV "PORTED" 4 D1 Targets 24 Rounds Limited

3149gzo.jpg

TOTAL Round Count: 110.

Bob

Edited by VIPERONE

Stage 2 indicates that we should start with "loaded hands by sides." Is this indicative of starting with the revolver in our hands or are we expected to configure our hands as weapons capable of being loaded?

-ld

Nope just throw a comma between loaded, hands by sides. :)

Stage 2 indicates that we should start with "loaded hands by sides." Is this indicative of starting with the revolver in our hands or are we expected to configure our hands as weapons capable of being loaded?

-ld

Nope just throw a comma between loaded, hands by sides. :)

Darn, I was hoping this would involve whiskey.

Looks like we now have an Official Rimfire Division in ICORE.

From the Leather with Speed Loaders is an option, as it should be from what I can tell.

One Rimfire Division, so Optical Sights and Open Sights are running together I would guess.

Are we good to go to shoot Rimfire in the 2013 International Postal Match, of do we need to wait on the 2014 Match Season to start Rimfire??????

Some Clubs have been shooting a Club Rimfire Division, so lots of Rimfire shooters are up to speed on equipment, and ready to go when the gate opens.

Bob

Edited by VIPERONE

This is what I found posted on the Revolver Forum:

Hello All,
Below is two new rules that were sent before the BoD last night and were passed.
The first addresses extended sights on limited and classic division guns and the second creates ICORE Rimfire Events.
They are numbered as they would appear in the rule book.

Keep the Cylinders turning and if ever in Central Florida, plan on shooting one of the two monthly matches.
Volusia County ICORE 3rd Saturday.
Central Florida Wheelgunners 4th Sunday.

Dick DiVittorio
FL1111

5. Equipment

6. A revolver must compete in the Open Division if it has one or more of the following
modifications:
A. Compensating, venting, or metering ports of any kind.
B. An optical sight including telescopic and red dot sights.

7. Any revolver not competing in Open Division may compete in Limited Division or Classic Division subject to Rule 5.8 and 5.9.

10. ICORE RIMFIRE

1. ICORE Rimfire matches can be run separately or in concurrence with standard ICORE Matches.

2. ICORE Rimfire matches conducted in concurrence with a standard ICORE match will
have scores easily distinguishable from the standard ICORE match scores.

3. ICORE Rimfire matches conducted in concurrence with a standard ICORE match can
have unique start positions and stage descriptions. These unique stage descriptions will
specify any special scoring considerations for the stage, e.g., falling steel and movers.

4. All existing ICORE Rules will apply with the following exceptions:
a. Rule 5.2 regarding ammunition power factor. Rimfire ammunition does not
have to meet power factor.
b. Rules 9.1-9.6 regarding shooter classifications. Shooters in ICORE Rimfire
matches are to be placed in one class, or “heads up”.

I had one opinion that they did not go into play till next year. On ICORE FaceBook it said they are approved and up and running now. Normally you have some of the ICORE wheels on facebook and they will correct any bad information. Rereading the above it says ONE Class or Heads Up. That probably means no Classification in Rimfire.

No mention of Classic, Limited or Open in Rimfire. I am still wondering if Rimfire is just Rimfire, with no consideration for Sights or capacity. Nothing was said at all about capacity. A 617 could be either 6 or 10 shot, and a Ruger could be 6 or 8.

I am sure we will get more information as things progress.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

You still have 2 months to get a score in for this match.

I have recieved 230 scores for this match to date.

Don't be reading the results in January wondering where you might have come if you had participated. You have 2 months to get a score in.

No Rimfire for this 2013 match, it will be included in next years match.

PK

Good Luck Daniele, We shoot This Saturday November 16th. Chris C. and I shot last weekend in McAlister at the Southern Oklahoma Wheelgunners, and hope to redeem ourselves. ;)

Yes Daniele, good luck with your match and hope you get a good turn out over there................... and thanks for promoting ICORE in Italy.

I'll get to shoot the match at MDPC at our December comp and itching to give Open, Limited and Classic a try.

PK

We shot this today and it was FUN! Everyone was thoroughly challenged by the stages, especially stage 1 (Fumble) and had racing hearts after shooting stage 4 (Ported). We enjoyed the match so much that we're shooting it again next month so we can shoot in different divisions. I shot classic today and will be shooting in limited next month.

• 4 weeks later...