Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need load recs for my new open major Glock

waynes_world_45

Please Don't tell me to search, This is quicker and info changes all the time as people try new loads.

I don't know what powder I can find so I need a variety of options.

Gonna use 124gr MG CMJs

Here's the gun...Glock 17 with kkm barrel and SJC 11 port comp...no slide lightening.

122bcffc8210cae2d66876631b3d6fe1_zps27bc

Forum guidelines state to search first so it would be nice to show that you did make some effort.

Same as usual for all 9Majors (except for a few due to the shorter OAL needed for Glocks): HS6, WAC, Silhouette, True Blue, AA#7 (also hear #5 works too), Longshot, N350 (but it pressure spiked with me but others use it), WSF (never tried it but some say it works), and a few others. The first three are the best choices considered by most.

Forum guidelines state to search first so it would be nice to show that you did make some effort.

Same as usual for all 9Majors (except for a few due to the shorter OAL needed for Glocks): HS6, WAC, Silhouette, True Blue, AA#7 (also hear #5 works too), Longshot, N350 (but it pressure spiked with me but others use it), WSF (never tried it but some say it works), and a few others. The first three are the best choices considered by most.

I did some searching...got the same info you gave me...not that helpful...I was able to find that HS6, Autocomp, and Silouette were the favored powders, but most everyone was loading for a 4 port comp, or steel gun. I was looking for what high power jack gave me....a recipe with parameters for my particular set-up. Thanks Jack!

Just got done with building my G-17 open gun with the same barrel and comp. My load is a MG 124 with 7.1 of autocomp @1.155". Made 174pf and runs 100%, might be able to load to 1.160", but that would be the max for the mags.

Glock load...124gr MG FMJ

1) 8.5 HS6 at 1.16....seems too long to me

Some controversy re: using FMJ in open guns at 9mm major levels.

My experience is that after shooting a few thousand of them in my

TruBor, my comp was clogged - guess if I had devoted some time

to spraying it before I shot it and cleaning it after I finished, I may

not have had a problem.

BUT, lot easier to just use JHP's rather than FMJ in 9mm major. :cheers:

Just got done with building my G-17 open gun with the same barrel and comp. My load is a MG 124 with 7.1 of autocomp @1.155". Made 174pf and runs 100%, might be able to load to 1.160", but that would be the max for the mags.

Perfect! Thanks!

not have had a problem.

Great advice, thanks

not have had a problem.

Or just us MG 124 cmj and 6.8-7.2 WAC, mine 6.8 for a 172 PF

Hey Waynes World, I have the duplicate Gun with the smaller SJC Comp & have good success with Win Auto Comp 6.8grs-7.0grs under a 124gr MG JHP -OAL 1.145 using Fed Sm Pist Magnum Primers. AVG VEL 1,386fps-PF 171.8...also another favorite is 8.0grs-8.2grs of HS6 under a 124gr MG CMJ - OAL 1.145-1.150 using Win Small Pist Primers, no chrono data but full functionality for feeding & ejecting.When I was first working up my loads for the G17 I searched around the forum & found Shooter 995 who has the 11 port comp on his G17 & posted some great recipes with chrono data,so if you go to the 9mm load section & look back a few months you should find his posts..glad to help.

Hey Waynes World, I have the duplicate Gun with the smaller SJC Comp & have good success with Win Auto Comp 6.8grs-7.0grs under a 124gr MG JHP -OAL 1.145 using Fed Sm Pist Magnum Primers. AVG VEL 1,386fps-PF 171.8...also another favorite is 8.0grs-8.2grs of HS6 under a 124gr MG CMJ - OAL 1.145-1.150 using Win Small Pist Primers, no chrono data but full functionality for feeding & ejecting.When I was first working up my loads for the G17 I searched around the forum & found Shooter 995 who has the 11 port comp on his G17 & posted some great recipes with chrono data,so if you go to the 9mm load section & look back a few months you should find his posts..glad to help.

Thanks dude!

8.2gr VV3N37, 1.155 OAL, MG 115 JHP, Win SPP Magnums, 174 PF out of a Carver 4-port (check the vids before you ask "how flat is it?). Warning, it's crazy loud, and not exactly soft on the hands, but it ran 100%.

I had the same gun/comp

I ended up loading 8.0gr of Silhouette with 124gr FMJ @ 1.155"

PF was 173.

The previous owner sent some rounds he had made with this recipe...It was a lot softer than I had predicted

Gonna compare it to the Autocomp recipe

Thanks