Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

depriming issues...

I had some issues lately about old primers not completely popping out...tried the shaving the corners of the dacapping pin and replacing the pin itself. still the same problem..."new style Dillon dies" not the old dies..

It sounds like the primer is being pulled back into the pocket.

My solution was to replace the Dillon decapping pin with a Lyman pin. But first you have to remove the pin from the head of an old Dillon pin, so that you have the top barrel, and it must be square. Drop the Lyman pin into the the holder, place the barrel on top of the pin and install onto the stem. Use die as usual.

The Lyman pins are smaller in diameter and are cheaper than the Dillon pins and they work.

I've done this for over 6 years without problems.

Do you have a part number and a Lyman link? On the Lyman website , I could not seem to find one.

Also, are you saying to just unscrew the cap from the rod and insert the new pin exactly the same proceedure that you would use with the Dillon pin?

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^

Thanks............Lyman sure likes to hide items on their web site. I have found it very difficult to find items that are not shown in the main listing links.

Your links were perfect.