Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Nats Shooter's Packet

38SuperDub

The stages may have not been posted but the matrix had. Squad 19 starts on stage 1, as well as squad 1, I prefer the pm-am-pm so that's why I went with 19. With a recently torn meniscus and sprain in my right knee, I had figured this would be the least amount of back and forth between stages. Now compare that to squad 33's schedule.

Are you familiar with the layout of the range? I wouldn't guarantee a Stage 1 start would save you any amount of walking. Until there is a range map with where each stage is going, I would bet the actual walking distance is going to be pretty darn close. And I say that as someone who shot the Vegas Nats a couple years ago 3 months after a torn Achilles Tendon repair. I was about two weeks out of the boot and still managed to get around OK.

Heck you may find out that squad 33 may save you walking. There's no sense in getting upset about something you, a. can't change, and b. may end up better.

Here is the layout of the range for Nationals.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php/topic/13649-ussa-range-layout/?p=159782

A little bit more walking from 19-33, but not much.

Edited by Bunchies95

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stages may have not been posted but the matrix had. Squad 19 starts on stage 1, as well as squad 1, I prefer the pm-am-pm so that's why I went with 19. With a recently torn meniscus and sprain in my right knee, I had figured this would be the least amount of back and forth between stages. Now compare that to squad 33's schedule.

You will walk further to your first stage of the day than you will between stage during a rotation, so I would not worry about it, but that is just me. :)

You must not have paid very much attention to the squad schedule then. It's not if you started on stage 2 that you would shoot 2-7, 8-13, then 14-18,1. Shoot a block of six stages a day (1-6, 7-12, 13-18). That way if a backup occurs on one stage, it won't impact the rest of the match, just that group.

What am I not paying attention to?

Squad 1&19 schedule is Day 1 - Stages 1-6, Day 2 - Stages 7-12, 3 - Stages 13-18. Squad 20 is 2-6 and back to 1 and so forth.

Question for those that have been through this before - what "stage" is the chrono being done in? The squad schedule matrix doesn't account for time at Chrono anywhere. I've been to some sectional and Area matches where the chrono took every bit as long as a short course stage.

Question for those that have been through this before - what "stage" is the chrono being done in? The squad schedule matrix doesn't account for time at Chrono anywhere. I've been to some sectional and Area matches where the chrono took every bit as long as a short course stage.

Look at the map above....chrono will be after stage 9.

So tonight I got an email from USPSA that my squadding got updated. I go look and me, my buddies....my whole squad have been moved out of squad 19 and over to 33. I don't get it. My friends and I decided to squad in 19 because it was next to the mens super squad. I felt like it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to see all the greatest shooters in our sport shoot production at the same time. GM's who never shoot production are there.

Why allow people to self squad if you are going to just move them around? This kinda pisses me off and takes away from my experience. If they needed that squad for something else, why wasn't it just locked to begin with?

I don't ever gripe but with the way things have been going with this match....this was kinda the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Maybe they read your mind, and wanted you to tape and reset your stage instead of watching the guys next door. :devil: