Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lancer L15 upper

Dewberry

I am in the process of building my 3 gun rifle. And I have almost completed the lowed. I was about to start building the upper and I just found a can get a lancer competition or super competition upper for a really good price. But I've never used on or ever seen one on person. So I'm looking for pros and cons. Experiences with it. Is the super competition worth the extra money? Does anyone know what kinda bolt and carrier group they use? Or any other comment or info y'all have on them.

Thanks in advance for the help guys and here is a link to the page with all the specs they give. The link is for the whole rifles, but in assuming the upper specs are the same as the rifle.

http://www.lancer-systems.com/business-areas/small-arms/products/l15/rifle/

If its a really good deal, I will take one. Good barrel, cool handguard, decent comp. Nothing wrong with BCG, but you might end up wanting one of the lightened carriers down the road. Fine place to start and not have to change anything at all unless you just want to.

I shoot a Lancer, a lot of the people I shoot with shoot Lancers including some guys in the Pro Series. I would not hesitate to get one. Very nice and very accurate. The Super Comp should be a Krieger barrel and the regular competition barrels seem to vary from what I gather. I’ve been told in the past Lancer has used Wilson barrels and a couple others. Mine is an 18 inch white oak barrel despite the 17inches advertised on the website. If you really want to know I’d just call Lancer but I don’t know of anybody who has been unhappy with theirs.

If you can find one for a good deal I’d take it. If I found a good deal it would be very hard for me not to buy another one.

It is not uncommon to achieve 1/2MOA with a Super Comp right out of the box. Both rifles(Super Comps and Comp models) are an outstanding value, I have both and believe you can't go wrong with either choice....Also, Lancer Systems supports the 3gun sport and shooters with exceptional generosity.

It is not uncommon to achieve 1/2MOA with a Super Comp right out of the box. Both rifles(Super Comps and Comp models) are an outstanding value, I have both and believe you can't go wrong with either choice....Also, Lancer Systems supports the 3gun sport and shooters with exceptional generosity.

Excellent point! If you have technical Lancer questions Mr. Drewerey is the one to talk to…..ask me how I know! :D

I shoot them as well. Super comps are producing great groups. New comp is adjustable/tunable and is great as well. I would not hesitate to shoot one next to anything else out there

What's the new comp?

I saw something about a new comp on their new outlaw rifle in a video from their booth at shot show. It had adjustable jets on the top. It looked pretty nice.

I shoot them as well. Super comps are producing great groups. New comp is adjustable/tunable and is great as well. I would not hesitate to shoot one next to anything else out there

What's the new comp?

I saw something about a new comp on their new outlaw rifle in a video from their booth at shot show. It had adjustable jets on the top. It looked pretty nice.

I don’t know about any “new” comps but mine is a wheaton arms comp and all the factory lancer uppers I have seen are wheatons as well.

Ask me how I know! :D

Out of curiosity, how do you know?

I was Jonesin for a Lancer rifle but could not find one. I consulted with Chad about the build and he was able to get together all the parts I wanted and built my rifle. He also educated me on all the differences between the different Lancer models, options etc…. Great dude.