Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Website

bobert1

The website has not been down for more than a few minutes, however, I have had reports of problems with the DNS resolution.

I have added an additonal two nameservers to the DNS which should help with this problem.

Basically, there are two ways the website can appear "down" to a user:

(1) It's down

(2) It's up but you can't resolve the name www.uspsa.org to the numeric IP address.

To see if you can resolve the IP address, open a command window and issue the command: "nslookup uspsa.org". If you see the USPSA IP address 67.15.14.83 anywhere in the output, you machine is resolving the address. If not, you're machine isn't.

To see if you can get to the address, try entering http://67.15.14.83 as a web address. If you get a mesage from Cpanel stating "there is no website configured at this address", you have connected to the server. This message is not an error - you need to connnect with a name for the web server to be able to determine which of a number of websites hosted on that server you are trying to reach.

If your want to work aorund a DNS problem, you could always add an entry to your hosts table - but I'm not going to bother with the details since that can get you into trouble if you do it wrong, or do it, forget about it, and we change the USPSA IP address later on.

You could also try to reach some of the other websites on the same server:

www.boudrie.com

www.sviguns.com (*)

www.jprifles.com (*)

www.uspsa7.org

* - Each of these companies pays 1/3 of the server rental fee to USPSA