Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot XVII, Florida 2014: FAQ

Wow, was that the closest Open finish ever or what?

Less than 2 points- amazing! I've been crunching some results in Excel daily, and I have to say, I didn't see that one coming.

The 2-3 standard split was super tight as well- order was same for top 3 as US Nats, which isn't a surprise, but Vogel and Dave were less than a half of a point away from each other... what a match! Nils really picked it up the last two days, and he earned it, despite his fall and arm! What a great match. I'll be enjoying the coverage for some time to come...

Edited by MikeRush

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maria Gushchina finished 25th with 83% of Eric's score... Yikes !!!!! Christine Burkhalter was second and USA's Julie Golob was 3rd.

She is pretty amazing. I ran her on 22 and it was pretty special. Her movement is at another level from any other female shooter I have seen. Very precise, smooth, fast, and intense. The all girls super squad was fun to run. A lot of great lady shooters that seemed to be taking it to another level while keeping it fun.

Did Ben Stoeger have some sort of malfunction on the last day that caused him the match?

He did have a malfunction that cost him the _silver_ medal. Eric was too far ahead (he won Ben by 90+ match points)

Thanks! Thats exact what I meant. Eric is just a monster! Being the world shoot will be in France, I doubt he will slow down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know she got a new gun sponsor not that long ago. Would never use a gun I didn't have ultimate faith in at a World Shoot.

The gun was working fine before the World Shoot, Jessie told me the sear spring was the cause of the problem as the trigger was not resetting.

They shoot/start on different stages. He could have had higher point stages the first couple of days, or he could have been on fire the first few days. I don't know if there is a way to look at the score in in the order each shooter shot the stages? If you could it would tell you a lot.

They shoot/start on different stages. He could have had higher point stages the first couple of days, or he could have been on fire the first few days. I don't know if there is a way to look at the score in in the order each shooter shot the stages? If you could it would tell you a lot.

Nils, Bob, Dave, and Jethro- as well as most of the others at the top, shot on the same squad, so same stages in same order. There is a way to see scores in order or by day, I have run spreadsheets on this. If you want a cliff notes version, PM me, but I don't feel it is my place to be posting it. I am sure someone who was there (maybe bonglee) could comment on what happened on stage 6. Either way it was very unfortunate. I have heard that Jethro is a very nice guy, and he obviously has a place among the top shooters in the world.

Jethro is a 2 time World Shoot champ and that commends respect but Nils is just HOT!! He is shooting lights out! I hope he keeps this up cause I think this will cause the rest of the Limited GM to train harder to take him off his pedestal. This may create a good competition in Limited division where a handful of guys can win at anytime. But at the moment, Nils seems unbeatable at Limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know she got a new gun sponsor not that long ago. Would never use a gun I didn't have ultimate faith in at a World Shoot.

The gun was working fine before the World Shoot, Jessie told me the sear spring was the cause of the problem as the trigger was not resetting.

Weird. That's a 2 minute fix in the safe area. I'm surprised that affected more than one stage.

I know Jessie's gun went down on stage 28, a friend was an RO on that stage and said it was pretty bad. 1 32 round stage in the tank can make a large difference. This takes nothing away from Kaci who took a piece of lead in the forehead on 28 and bled all over the place

I was the left side RO in the shoot-off Jessie was unbeatable in Open. Nobody got close to her.

Ben got a little lucky on his first shoot-off run. The guy on my side missed a reload, then dropped the hammer on an empty chamber and it was still close. Ben then went on to smoke every other run. Talked to him a minute after and he said it was his first shoot-off. Once he got going he was pretty amazing.

The 30 stage match totalled 501 shots. The various squads were all shooting six stages per day. If you check the value of each batch of 6 stages, [#1-#6, #7-#12, etc.] they were all 100 shots, plus or minus 3, worth 500 points, plus or minus 15. The squad scheduling was arranged so that the national teams in each division all cycled through a batch of those 6 stages on each day. So at the end of each day, each National team in each division had the opportunity to shoot essentially the same number of shots/points.

Of course, in HF scoring, the match points change whenever the highest HF changes, and that usually happens when the best shooters of a given division shoots the stage. By grouping those shooters together, you could make team comparisons with some degree of accuracy by looking at the average hit factor numbers. However, you had to extract the individual shooter results, bring them into a spreadsheet, and run through the calculations to identify high hit factors, compute stage-specific match points, and compile match points per shooter each day.