Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about Single Stack Para .45's please.

wheelie

I've worked on a few of the US made guns (2 Black Ops and a SS Elite) and was impressed by the quality. You get quite a nicely fit and finished gun for your money, and they responded well to fine tuning.

Only ran 50 test rds through each, but no feed issues and they were reasonably accurate. Para's hired gun, Travis Tomasie, serves as their interweb CS liaison on a few 1911 forums. That element of CS is excellent - from all observations.

That's about all I know. ;)

Sorry don't post much here. Had a new Elite for a month now and it's been a great gun. Fit and finish are top notch like creeper says. I put about 1k rounds through it with assorted loads and it's been 100% out of the box. I'm a happy camper................james

I have owned two Para LDA's and while they are not purist 1911's, they were really nice shooting guns. I bought both the 5" and compact LDA to use a duty weapons. At the time my departments regulations di9d not allow 1911 type pistols. When the regs were changed to allow 1911 pistols on a case by case basis, I sold both LDA's to 0ne of my cop buddies. I had some trouble with the Para mags with the metal follower but I understand that this was a common problem with the flat metal followers. My dealer gave me a new Delrin round-top follower for each one of my magazines and the issue faded away.

I've had plenty of paras and those series 80 type parts never caused any issues with me. Had lda's and single actions. Never bothered with their brand single stack mags as I prefer others. The double stack mags all got gutted and replaced with Wolff springs. No issues when that was done.

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a Para Elite Target yesterday from one of my Wholesalers (I am an FFL) I am hoping that it will be an upgrade for me to shoot in Single Stack, as for the series 80 parts, It gives you a couple more parts to juggle when you are doing a detail strip, but after a time or two it is not that bad. I leave them in a dedicated carry gun, but have no problem taking them out of a competition gun, especially when I am doing a lightweight trigger job. Brownells sells a slot filler for the frame to take up the space left behind.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frame-hardware/fillers/tj-s-1911-series-80-to-series-70-conversion-shims-prod13121.aspx

Para has a deal going on right now where if you buy a 1911, you can send in a voucher for an extra 2 mags, a range bag, a cleaning kit, and a tool kit. They claim it is a $125 value. I know the factory mags with most 1911's are not great but they work for plinking on the range, I swear by the Wilsom ETM's. Just my 2cents

Got this pistol last night, put on a spare Ambi safety, An extended mag release, my Alumagrips and Dawson Ice Magwell, trigger is very crisp, a little heavy, which is typical for a factory gun, I will do a trigger job after I have 1-2k through it, I will replace the front green fiber with a red one (personal preference) fit and finish is great!! Looks like that Ion Bond will hold up to a lot of abuse, We'll see what it looks like after a year of Matches, Practice, and Dryfire. My dealer cost was significantly below retail, All in all I am very impressed.

• 4 weeks later...