Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 World Shoot

Does anyone know if the date and place has been finalised yet?

Rockcastle KY was supposedly hosting it but I heard rumours after Bianchi this had been canned, looked on NRA website nothing there yet, looked on Rcokcastle website and also not listed.

Just trying to get planned being on the other side of the big blue pond hoping to know what, where and how.

Rockcastle KY was supposedly hosting it but I heard rumours after Bianchi this had been canned,

Another rumor is that it may be held in Columbia the week before or after the Bianchi Cup. I don't think anything has been decided for sure yet.

These are what I've heard as well.

This is primarily a team match. Governing bodies will select the teams that will represent their countries. That said the individual side of the championship is open to all as I understand it.

It is going to be a busy time for the Action Pistol community, I have often heard competitors say that they would like to shoot more AP while they are hear, in 2014 they will get their wish, let’s hope it brings in record numbers. This is what we have so far:

April 19 – Green Valley Club Match – Columbia Missouri, Confirmed

April 26 – Crawfish Cup Regional – Lake Charles Louisiana, Confirmed

May 4 – Pioneer Club Match – Bates City Missouri, to be confirmed

May ?? – Michigan Regional – Dates not available yet

May 10 – Flagler Cup Registered Match – Bates City Missouri, to be confirmed

May 16-17 – World Shoot – Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City Kentucky, Confirmed

May 21-24 – NRA Bianchi Cup – Columbia Missouri, Confirmed

Time to start loading, this is going to be great! 

Later

GrantJ

Bummer. I was really hoping to make this one. Tried to contact NRA to ask about details, but never could get a response. I was trying to avoid scheduling the Area 1 USPSA match on top of them. Looks like I managed to pick the winning weekend. Be nice if the NRA would have bothered to respond.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest on what we have confirmed for 2014 it is going to be busy. :)

April 19 – Green Valley Club Match – Columbia Missouri - Confirmed

April 26 – Crawfish Cup Regional – Lake Charles Louisiana - Confirmed

May 4 – Pioneer Club Match – Bates City Missouri - Confirmed

May 11 – Flagler Cup Registered Match – Bates City Missouri - Confirmed

May 16-17 – World Shoot – Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City Kentucky - Confirmed

May 21-24 – NRA Bianchi Cup – Columbia Missouri – Confirmed

GrantJ

• 4 weeks later...

In an attempt to make life easier for all we are going to try and post as much information about the 2014 season as possible.

As soon as we have entry forms and other relevant information we will post them all on the Green Valley web site for your convenience, please feel free to forward this information on to anyone you feel will be interested.

http://www.gvshoot.com/forums/index.php?/page/gvactionpistol

GrantJ

Hello Grant.

You are a good man no matter what anyone else says.( Ha )

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop.

Russell B

Canadian

Edited by JRB

• 1 month later...

The 9th NRA World Action Pistol Championship will indeed be held at the Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, Kentucky, on May 16-17, 2014. This is the weekend immediately before Bianchi.

All information of the match can be found in a few different places. One, visit www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com click on the Competitions button, and you will find a site dedicated to the 9th WAPC. Two, you can find information on the match Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/9thWAPC?ref=hl

Yes, I believe the NRA also lists it on their site. There are plenty of rooms left at the hotel at the Rockcastle Shooting Center. You can call (270) 749-4101 to make reservations. Or you can send an email to me, Nate Noble at nbnoble@pmresort.us

We hope to see all of you at Rockcastle in May.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Please note: The Hotel at Rockcastle Shooting Centre is booked out. There are a number of alternate hotels nearby that have rooms. I would look at Cave City NW of Park City. Book soon is what I was told by three hotels when I called checking for a freind.

Here is the latest on what we have confirmed for 2014 it is going to be busy. :)

April 19 – Green Valley Club Match – Columbia Missouri - Confirmed

April 26 – Crawfish Cup Regional – Lake Charles Louisiana - Confirmed

May 4 – Pioneer Club Match – Bates City Missouri - Confirmed

May 11 – Flagler Cup Registered Match – Bates City Missouri - Confirmed

May 16-17 – World Shoot – Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City Kentucky - Confirmed

May 21-24 – NRA Bianchi Cup – Columbia Missouri – Confirmed

GrantJ

The Sunset Coast Regional AP match in Michigan will be May 10 and the Apple Blossom Cup Michigan State Championship will be May 11th. These have just recently been approved. We also have an indoor match in March. I have posted these to the Match Announcements where you will find contact information.