Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier HHF Determination

Chris iliff

I'll try to go into detail...maybe with a dedicated thread(s)...when I have a minute. Here is a quick summary:

Separate threads for each agenda item would be nice :).

I'd like to hear more about the review of unload and show clear command as well as USPSA/SCSA merger (makes sense) and also SCSA classification system. I'd like to see divisions like we have in USPSA.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm less concerned with the BOD publishing a number that anyone with a calculator can come up with, than I am knowing how they come up with the HHF. If it is shooter X at nationals, say so. If we don't have any data for a given division so we just guessed, say that too. If there is some elaborate formula, publish the formula.

:cheers:

- Publishing HHFs...when I asked the BOD members that were around about a past BOD decision about sharing the HHFs. The consensus was that they weren't to be published, but might be shared with those operating a Hit Factor Calculator* or the like.

Perhaps I don't understand the issue, but can't the HHF for a division be exactly determined by one shooter with one single score? If my HF is 7.7512, and the uspsa website shows me at 71.2%, it seems like childs play to calculate the hhf. Are we only trying to keep the hhf's secret from english majors?

No.. that is unpossible. :)

I'd like to hear more about the review of unload and show clear command as well as USPSA/SCSA merger (makes sense) and also SCSA classification system. I'd like to see divisions like we have in USPSA.

The ULASC thing was a flip and catch discussion.

Steel Challenge was initially setup as a separate legal business. Merging gets us to one set of bookkeeping, etc.

El Prez came up with a new/easier way of doing the classifiers for SC. (I don't have those details in front of me)

- We will have to retire a handful of classifiers, due to the round count and shootability of 6 vs 8 round Revolver division (now that minor-8 Revolver will be coming in).

Hmmmm some of the new 13 series classifiers fall into this area I wonder if they will be retired also? :ph34r:

The ULASC thing was a flip and catch discussion.

Steel Challenge was initially setup as a separate legal business. Merging gets us to one set of bookkeeping, etc.

El Prez came up with a new/easier way of doing the classifiers for SC. (I don't have those details in front of me)

I don't like seeing the flip and catch thing. Just bugs me for some reason.

All for the merger for bookkeeping, etc. It only makes sense.

I hope you'll post more on the classification stuff after you've had a chance to review your notes.

• 2 months later...