Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team Smith & Wesson Open Guns 1993-1995

BritinUSA

Below are a few photos of the Team Smith & Wesson (TSW) guns that were made in 1993-95. When the IPSC World Shoot was held in Bisley, UK a bunch of these guns were made for the British team, though they were not used during the competition.

They were built by British gunsmith, Richard Wilson from a chassis provided by the S&W Performance Center. Richard think that 2-3 of these guns (maybe more) made their way to the USA, one may have gone to Michael Plaxco but the whereabouts of the others is a bit of a mystery...

Notice the Aimpoint Comp and the mount, this setup bears a striking resemblance to the latest Aimpoint Micro and mounts that are being used today. Before the Aimpoint Comp was developed, Richard was cutting down the Aimpoint 5000 so it was just a few inches long and mounting it the same way.

Does anyone remember seeing these about 20 years ago ?

post-293-0-42737800-1372121023_thumb.jpgpost-293-0-78521300-1372121040_thumb.jpgpost-293-0-05251500-1372121053_thumb.jpg

I can remember these. My Dad was an RO at the match. I have somewhere some information on these. Will have to track it down, scan it and post it for you. I will ask him if he knows anything about them as well.