Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Feeder with no plate?

I just bought a case feeder for a 650 from a local reloading shop and it did not come with any casefeed plates. It was my understanding the feeder came with at least one of the four plates. The package looked un-tampered with so I was just curious if anything was awry or if I need to buy a feeder plate separately?

There was no size checked/marked on the box. I've attached an image of the box below. The part number sticker shows 97074. I just want to know for sure that I got stiffed on the plate before I bring it to the shop owner. Thanks for your input.

rshU3Sz.jpg

Edited by Fedge

97074 is not the part number for the case feeders that include a casefeed plate. They are 21079 (SP) 21080 (LP) 21082 (SR) and 21081 (LR).

I think you got what the guy had to sell... I don't believe he ripped you off.

Hopefully you got it for a good price, since you have to buy the plate separately.

That is how I bought mine as well. I believe the cost of the casefeeder and the plate separately came out to be the same as one of the packages that includes both of them. I thought it was odd as well but the shop owner specifically mentioned it and asked which plate I needed. So I bought mine in 2 parts but didn't get ripped off doing it.

Was this a shop in MN by any chance?

When you buy a Casefeeder (from me or) from Dillon, the Casefeeder SKU - and its total price - includes a Casefeed Plate. But the Casefeeder assembly and the Casefeed Plate are "actually" 2 different SKUS - so 2 SKUS are packed / shipped.

But from somewhere else, it could be normal for the Casefeeder to be sold separately from the Plate. As long as they didn't charge you for the plate that you didn't receive.

be

GuildSF4, Brian, et al.,

Thanks for all the feedback. I gave Dillon a call and asked them specifically about my situation. The rep on the phone clarified that when they ship to vendors, the case feeders do not come packaged with a feed plate but that they should have a feed plate associated with them. After reading your posts and talking with Dillon, I went back to my local shop today.

I brought it to the shop owner's attention, and while he was still reasonably sure of himself that the plates are, in fact, a separate expense, I showed him a copy of the current catalog noting the price with a casefeeder. He agreed that the feeders are probably supposed to come with 1 plate and sent me on my way with a LP plate. I think I'm all squared away now, so thanks everyone for the help.