Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IDPA match in a long time

Tom C

Shot my first IDPA match in ,ooooooooooooh 10-11 years or so and am pleased to post that I had a ball. Went back to my shooting roots using my Factory (except sights) G 19. I did make a number of mistakes (blaming my game time in USPSA but not blaming USPSA) but I will work through those issues. Sure wish I could get my hands on CCI Blazer 115 TMJ (Aluminum case). Shoots great from my 19. Oh well, I was able to work a deal with a boutique so at least I can get a case every couple of months as I accumulate my pennies (hahaha).

As far as IDPA or USPSA, well I look at it this way.....If you are shooting, you are learning. I just find the concepts of IDPA are more in line with my idea of fun. It's all cool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As an update, I had to miss a monthly match then jumped in on the next. I successfully embarrised myself when I "fell asleep" on one stage adding a good 20 clock seconds to my time (we won't talk about penalty points). Other than that one stage, most my stages were shot at my pace...down 4 or 5 and it felt good. Found a range where I can work on accuracy and speed (obviously NOT a public facility). It's fun looking fwd to shooting matches again.