Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooter in Central NJ

beamjtb

Hello all,

Well, I am not necessarily a new shooter, but I have been away from the sport for the better part of 10 years. I had gone through the police academy and purchased a Glock 23 (Gen 3), which I still have and shoot, but after deciding not to pursue LEO work and opting for an office job, I fell away from shooting. Now, I have been coming back and hitting the range as often as possible. I am learning more than I ever knew, especially reading books by Brian and others.

I am spending a fair amount of time at RTSP in Randolph, but it is quite a drive to get there. Does anyone know of any other ranges (public) near Bridgewater/ Hillborough areas?

Also, been running through many, many different dry-fire exercises and would like to shoot some IDPA in the next few months. Any suggestions or variations on drills to prepare for IDPA?

Any suggsestions, advice, or wisecracks would be very much welcomed. It is great to see everyone and I look forward to joining in on some lively discussions.

Thanks!

Jim

Hello and welcome!

Old Bridge outdoor has an IDPA match every 2nd Sunday and a USPSA match every 4th Sunday. There's also an evening Indoor Action shoot every 1st and 3rd Fridays.