Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lying FedEx Drivers

bigdawgbeav

So I have been waiting for a primer order to be delivered. Since it is Haz-Mat I have to be preset to sign for it. After a few failed attempts to deliver (i work for a living and am not home 24/7), I was finally off and was going to be home to sign for the delivery.

I'm sitting there and waiting. Based on the other attempts the FedEx driver will be there between 10 and 11. 11:30 rolls around and no delivery. I log on and check my tracking number and according to FedEx the driver attempted the delivery at 10:10!

LIAR! I was home and sitting in my living room next to the front door at that time. How do I know, I was feeding my 9 month old a bottle and hoping that the delivery wouldn't wake her from a mid-morning nap.

As soon as I saw that they "attempted" I checked the door and there was no tag. I don't recall even seeing a FedEx truck go by on my street. So the driver simply put that I wasn't home and moved on. The lazy pri#k!

I called FedEx and was told that once a driver attempts a delivery then he can't go back in the same day. I explained to the woman that he never attempted in the first place. All my ranting was for naught and I'm stuck until next week since she claimed they will schedule the delivery for that day. It'll be my luck that I'll have to drive over an hour to go get my primers.... so pissed.

Fed-ex here sucks too. My UPS driver is great and local depot is close if needed.

Same here... UPS is 20 minutes away and I'm on a first name basis with the driver. This was FedEx Ground and the hub is an hour away... without traffic.

I've had similar problems with both UPS and FedEx. Each truck has a GPS and they are tracked, so when the driver lied about being at my address at x time I had them check the GPS tracking. You will have to work your way up the supervisory ladder when you call, in one case since it was a firearm delivery, mentioning that a gun had just gone missing in their system via fraudulent driver reporting really got their attention. They finally checked the GPS tracking and sure enough the truck had been nowhere near my address at the reported time. The truck and a very apologetic driver were at my address in well under an hour.

THIS just happened yesterday. They usually run here around 10 or so and I had my front door wide open. Truck never showed up and I get an email saying they attempted but I wasn't available. BS and now I'm waiting with the door open again and so far a no show and I'm willing to bet its gonna say that I wasn't available again. They piss me off with them being lazy. I mean vehicles in the driveway, front door wide open, and dogs that will bark if anyone knocks. Plain and simple they are lying and havent came by.

For me it's a little late... I should have asked for a supervisor but honestly I was really pissed and was seeing red. And now the delivery is scheduled for a specific day when I will be home. Might lay into the driver for his laziness

one of the big two brought primers to my house..did not have to sign..I ask what if I were not here..O I would just leave it on the porch...

I looked after he left and on the dilvery e mail I got it said left on the porch...

I refuse to use FedEx Ground. There is a FedEx hub 10 minutes from my house. FedEx Ground tried to deliver a package and I wasn't home. I went to the FedEx hub to try and pick it up, and they told me FedEx Ground had no real affiliation with FedEx, and to pick up my package I would have to drive 45 minutes to the FedEx Ground hub.

I found my Fedex Ground hate rant from a while back. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78667&hl=%2Bfedex

Edited by sperman

We are lucky; our FedEx and UPS drivers know everybody in the neighborhood. Our mailman even came back after making other stops because we were not ready to give him a pkg for mailing!

USPS does this at my house.

I had a problem w/ USPS too.... sat and watched them drive by the house and the web update showed failed delivery attempt; I sat on hold over an hour to complain but it never went anywhere. Package ended up re-delivered following day with a different carrier anyway.... thankfully my UPS driver ROCKS!

I received a call for FedEx once, and the lady told me my package was undeliverable. "You need to make other arrangements, because our driver said your address can not be found.

I must have been in a bad mood that morning, as I quickly responded with; "that is bull s***, you deliver to my all the time!" Then she says; "we will make a second attempt, sir."

They delivered my package the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to use FedEx Ground. There is a FedEx hub 10 minutes from my house. FedEx Ground tried to deliver a package and I wasn't home. I went to the FedEx hub to try and pick it up, and they told me FedEx Ground had no real affiliation with FedEx, and to pick up my package I would have to drive 45 minutes to the FedEx Ground hub.

I found my Fedex Ground hate rant from a while back. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78667&hl=%2Bfedex

Sounds like you went to FedEx Express to pick up your FedEx Ground package. They are two different operating companies under the FedEx banner. This happens quite a bit :/