Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAD layouts for steel targets

I managed to lose all of my .dxf files of classic poppers, pepper poppers, and mini poppers. But I do have the funky g-code files that Torchmate uses with their plasma tables with the .fgc extensions. I don't know if there is a viable .fgc to .dxf converter floating around. Will the .fgc files do you any good? If I dig real deep I might find some Autocad files but they will be old.

Thanks Ron. I'm not sure what my plate vendor uses for their plasma machines but I'm planning on sending them dxf. I did a search on this forum and did find some popper (pepper, mini, colt,etc) designs.

I'm going to have a buddy at work see what he can draw up and I wil post for anyone who wants to use it

Ok I have a cad layout and PDF of the layout for an 8X4 sheet of ar500.

How the heck can I post a PDF or cad file as an attachment?

Under more reply options, Attach Files, 'Choose File' and then 'Attach This File'. If it is too large you may try compacting it (a pdf should not be too large though).

Would be interesting to see if you vendor redrew your drawings into their software to allow for width of the cut, and how much wastage is generated. Last time I had steel cut from a 5' x 20' x 3/8" AR500 there as about 20% wastage.

Cheers ....

• 2 months later...