Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 sends 2 to the loading gate

Travtastik

My buddy has a 930 that is randomly sending shells to the loading gate instead of one. Most of the time it is at the LAMR command. Has 9 rounds in tube works bolt back and then 2 shells get by the catch causing a jam. It is also doing this when shooting but most at loading the chamber. The gun has a Nordic extension and the spring is cut down to exactly 13 inches. I put 100 round through it no problems he takes it to a match and first stage 2 shells on the lifter.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem? He is convinced the spring is way to long but I think there is more to it.

There was one of SG models that needed the spring shorter than most others and I THOUGHT it was the 930. I will search around to see I can find those posts or maybe someone else knows for sure. Dont cut your spring yet

There was one of SG models that needed the spring shorter than most others and I THOUGHT it was the 930. I will search around to see I can find those posts or maybe someone else knows for sure. Dont cut your spring yet

George, I think you will see that your 930 mag spring is about 10" past the tube...

It wound up there, combined with the polishing the shell stop and lengthening the shell stop spring to fix the won't feed any by shell release issue.

Edited by ChuckS

George, I think you will see that your 930 mag spring is about 10" past the tube...

It wound up there, combined with the polishing the shell stop and lengthening the shell stop spring to fix the won't feed any by shell release issue.

Yeah, that's right, it is 10" so I guess it was the 930 afterall. I know there was some posts on that but I haven't been able to find them yet. Still looking around...

Do you have an extra spring you can cut?