Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP mount for a 1-4 scope

Travtastik

I am going to be ordering a new scope for my rifle and was wondering about what JP mount I would need. I was reading their site and it says the extended one is idea for 1-4,6 scopes but seems everyone I have seen is running the none extended mount. It will be mounted on a S&W m&p15 optics ready rifle. I don't want to waist time in ordering the wrong one to have to return it and get the other. I figure with the extended one I could just move it back but really don't want to waste the extra money.

I can't personally speak for the JP and it will depend on which scope you get since all of the scopes have different eye relief. I do know that I can't get my 1-6 razor far enough forward in my Warne RAMP so I will be switching to probably a Larue since your get the QD for the same price as the JP.

I would go with the extended version. Here is a pic of my set up with a PST 1-4. It looks like I have an older version.... ended up having to bridge the gap to get the proper eye relief. Glad they came out with an extended one.

7aa951b5.jpg

Edited by Ragnar

Different Strokes for Different Folks !!

Take a look at Burris Extended AR-PEPR mounts, about $100 - 1" or 30 MM.

If open you can use a red dot on top or a 45*deg adapter. I use a Red Dot up-close & paper and scope for fer piece shots.

There will be different Rules about everwhere you go.

Be SAFE,

Perry

Edited by perrysho

...seems everyone I have seen is running the none extended mount...

Interesting - most folks can't get proper eye relief & ergonomics with any scope on a flat top AR without an extended mount.

I run a longer than A2 stock (MOE fixed w/extended PRS pad), Trijicon Accuppoint 1-4x (good eye relief), and a Larue 1.5" extended mount and still have it almost all of the way forward.

Long story short: Get an extended mount.