Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Here's a good one. FNH 3 Gun...two weeks ago. On a stage with a baseball diamond, shooter had to keep a foot on the bag while taking the shots. A very talented competitor who was missing both legs below the knee, removed his prosthetic, put his tennis shoe on the base and used his fake leg as a monopod! Classic, and a very moving moment for all of those of us who watched...but really, would you DQ the guy for using artificial support. I'm sure there are some RO's out there that would."

I believe most rules are written calling it "external" support, and it wasn't external, it was part of his body!!! Maybe not all soft and squishy like my legs...and detachable, but part of his body none the less! We allow resting on elbows and knees and such...it was kind of his knee anyway! :goof:

I hope that even the most rule nazi type RO's would let it pass even if they read the rule differently...I'm not sure many could stand up and "own" giving a penalty for shooting off your prosthesis!!! :surprise: At least I hope not! I know that most of the 3-gunners I know would boo and hiss and have a cow man!

Actually, that should get class and style points ;)

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Here's a good one. FNH 3 Gun...two weeks ago. On a stage with a baseball diamond, shooter had to keep a foot on the bag while taking the shots. A very talented competitor who was missing both legs below the knee, removed his prosthetic, put his tennis shoe on the base and used his fake leg as a monopod! Classic, and a very moving moment for all of those of us who watched...but really, would you DQ the guy for using artificial support. I'm sure there are some RO's out there that would."

I believe most rules are written calling it "external" support, and it wasn't external, it was part of his body!!! Maybe not all soft and squishy like my legs...and detachable, but part of his body none the less! We allow resting on elbows and knees and such...it was kind of his knee anyway! :goof:

I hope that even the most rule nazi type RO's would let it pass even if they read the rule differently...I'm not sure many could stand up and "own" giving a penalty for shooting off your prosthesis!!! :surprise: At least I hope not! I know that most of the 3-gunners I know would boo and hiss and have a cow man!

Actually, that should get class and style points ;)

So true!!! Like a 10 second bonus for ingenuity!