Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versamax and Taran Tactical Accessory Compatibility

GregSmith

Has anyone tried TTI parts on your Versamax? If so, which parts work and which don't? Most curious about the charging handle, the bolt release and oversized safety. I know the bolt release works after talking to Taran on the phone...but even he was curious to know if the safety works.

So, if you have experience with these accessories in your Versamax, let me know. If they work, I'll probably go with them...if not, maybe some Nordic or Briley parts.

Greg

P.S. I'm totally grateful for this gun/shooting advice "database" called BE. Your help has been totally helpful.

I run the TTI safety and bolt release button on mine. People smarter than me said adding too much weight on the bolt handle causes cycling issues on the VM. Tarans is beautiful. I run the smaller Nordic which weights 197 grains and the TTI is like 340. Not sure if its too much or not but something to think about.

I run the TTI safety and bolt release button on mine. People smarter than me said adding too much weight on the bolt handle causes cycling issues on the VM. Tarans is beautiful. I run the smaller Nordic which weights 197 grains and the TTI is like 340. Not sure if its too much or not but something to think about.

I heard the same rumor from Nordic on the phone, I believe his name was Ryan nice guy. He suggested to get their bolt handle just made for VM which is much lighter than the Benelli one

• 4 months later...

For 3 gun, you will be fine with just about any charge handle. The problem with weight comes in to play with the REALLY heavy 3.5" loads. The speed of the bolt is crazy stupid fast and with the extra weight of the bolt handle hanging out there would bend the said bolt handles.

Tim

• 1 month later...

I ordered one of those lifters last night from Shooters Source. Funny thing is when they list the image it is of a drilled out carrier. When you go into the item picture changes to non drilled. Drilled would have been nice but I can live with that. Tarantactical site does show the correct image. That thing is too nice looking... not sure I want to attack it with the drill press.

Not dealt with SS before but they do business the way I do/I like. Just got notification it shipped this morning. None of that we'll get around to shipping it in week or two or we'll ship it in 6 months when we actually have it in stock BS so prevalent in the gun industry today.

Actually was just looking at website and now they are sold out of the lifters. Last chance is probably Tarantactical's website.

I ordered one of those lifters last night from Shooters Source. Funny thing is when they list the image it is of a drilled out carrier. When you go into the item picture changes to non drilled. Drilled would have been nice but I can live with that. Tarantactical site does show the correct image. That thing is too nice looking... not sure I want to attack it with the drill press.

Not dealt with SS before but they do business the way I do/I like. Just got notification it shipped this morning. None of that we'll get around to shipping it in week or two or we'll ship it in 6 months when we actually have it in stock BS so prevalent in the gun industry today.

Actually was just looking at website and now they are sold out of the lifters. Last chance is probably Tarantactical's website.

That's good to know since I'm the market for a lifter in a month or so. I have got spoiled by Chuck at Shooters Connection. That fast shipping is the cat's meow!

Hold the horses... no holy grail for versa max. Got it and installed the lifter today. First thing I noticed was it's shorter. I went ahead and installed it no problem. Form and fit are good but its too damn short. Of course being so short the first thing that happened was I got my thumb caught. Also practice loading, because of it being to short shell rims actually wedge on the end of the carrier when releasing shell catch to unload. Probably going to return it and have to get lifter welded up. I did talk to Taran tactical and the "fits versa max" was from word of mouth. They also said they won't be making one for VM since Benelli is the majority of their business. Both TT and SS gracious about taking it back so the only negative is it's not really for VM.

If anyone else thinks its still fine for VM I would love to hear your experience.

b2_zps8922db52.jpgb1_zps19b9f46b.jpg

Hold the horses... no holy grail for versa max. Got it and installed the lifter today. First thing I noticed was it's shorter. I went ahead and installed it no problem. Form and fit are good but its too damn short. Of course being so short the first thing that happened was I got my thumb caught. Also practice loading, because of it being to short shell rims actually wedge on the end of the carrier when releasing shell catch to unload. Probably going to return it and have to get lifter welded up. I did talk to Taran tactical and the "fits versa max" was from word of mouth. They also said they won't be making one for VM since Benelli is the majority of their business. Both TT and SS gracious about taking it back so the only negative is it's not really for VM.

If anyone else thinks its still fine for VM I would love to hear your experience.

Yeah it's compatible but the M2 is a 3" chamber and the versamax is a 3.5" so I would expect a .5" difference.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and kept playing with it. Deciding moment was today when I got my thumb painfully stuck. I have smaller hands so that probably makes the difference with thumb fitting the down position gap just right. Part of the problem to me is being shorter the geometry is wrong, loads are awkward and thumb sticks around and gets stuck. Its coming out tonight and going back.

Edited by millisec