Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock frame weight

El Guapo

Here are the new rules for Limited Division (as of 1/1/2013.) I don't see anything there that would make it illegal for Limited/L10.

APPENDIX D2 — Limited Division

1 Minimum power factor for Major

2 Minimum power factor for Minor

3 Minimum bullet weight

No

4 Minimum cartridge dimensions

9X19mm (0.354), (0.748”)

5 Minimum bullet caliber for Major

.40 cal. / 10mm (0.40")

6 Minimum trigger pull

No

7 Maximum handgun size

No

8 Maximum magazine length

5.561" (141.25mm) or 6.742" (171.25mm) in single stack guns

9 Maximum ammunition capacity

No

10 Maximum distance of handgun and mags/speed loaders from inner side of belt

Handgun and Mags - 2"

11 Rule 5.2.3.1 applies

Yes

12 Restriction on equipment position of holster and other

No

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted

No

14 Installed flashlights permitted

No

15 Compensators permitted

No

16 Barrel ports permitted

No

17 Slide ports permitted

Yes

18 Maximum weight

No

19 Handgun specifically approved for Division

No

20 Holster restrictions

No

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sig, I have played with a *thumb rest [generic]* one before. To me it seems to settle a little nicer and give you a consistent purchase on the gun. Not sure if it was the frame weight or the pedal but my vote is yes. Just that the pedal requires you to drill the frame as well.

hmmm, not 100% sure , but i think the SJC model TORI use is posted on their online store ; looks like the pedal is screwed on the weight . imo it can't be screwed to the frame since it's plastic. i might be wrong though . anyhow i'm not drilling the frame for a thumb rest . on the other hand if the pedal is screwed on the weight sure i'm gonna give it a go. the way i see it if it's screwed that means i can remove it if i don't like it . never shot a gun with a pedal. it must provide more lever against muzzle flip since more downward pressure can be applied

Edited by sigsauerfan

Sig, it bolts on to the weight and the frame. Same spot that the SJC C-more mount is drilled, actually uses the same internal bushing. Here is a decent picture.

a6473ab1416aa5391a146_l__40183.138405221

I am sure you could run it without drilling but I am not sure how that bracket will hold up to a heavy thumb.

pffft...i'd so like to get some insights from someone using it in combo with the TR. sure the weight make the gun much more ugly than it already is LOL...but anyhow, true that if it really tame the muzzle flip pulse substancialy, it then Worth a try.

anything that can removes some of the recoil felt on the front of a glock is welcome and Worth to be tested .even with all twists and whistles added to my glocks , it is still much more affordable than any semi custom double stack. which doesn't means i'm not looking at nice svi's lolllll.

Edited by sigsauerfan

• 4 years later...