Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which connector and why

dskinsler83

so i am learning the ins and outs of the glock trigger job. which connectors are the most common used for best results and why? i have tried the V4 from GW and the LW brand and both seem the same to me. So i have been sticking to the V4 since the rest of my trigger parts are from GW. Also which trigger return springs?

I use the GW connector as well, I can't really compare to any others, since I haven't used them. But I can't see why any would be any better than the next, I would assume they are all basically the same. I also use the trigger return spring that comes with the GW competition springs kit. You can definitely tell the difference between it an the stock trigger return spring. You can really compare when you take the slide off the frame, manually cock the trigger, and use your finger nail to disengage the trigger safety and the trigger will fly to the rear as a result of the spring tension.

Edited by bulldog009

so i am learning the ins and outs of the glock trigger job. which connectors are the most common used for best results and why? i have tried the V4 from GW and the LW brand and both seem the same to me. So i have been sticking to the V4 since the rest of my trigger parts are from GW. Also which trigger return springs?

No other connector currently available will give you a lighter trigger pull than the V4.

I use the Glock "-" connector because it works. I've tried almost every connector out there, and the Glock is just the best. It has the best combination of length of pull, reset and feel of all the others out there.

I run the Zev (Glockworx) V4 connector and competition spring pak along with the standard 0.25 cent polish job. Great trigger. Not super light, but light enough with a crisp break, great reset, and very smooth. Love this set up (especially since my duty weapon is a NY-1 trigger at 8.5#'s!).

• 2 weeks later...

There are several components that all work together and the connector is one of them. I don't like having a bunch of different parts and seen a number of issues with mix and match setups. I also don't like some of the really light triggers I've seen people put on some guns.

Charlie Vanek makes a kit called the Classic Trigger Kit. It's Production legal and smooths out the entire trigger action without dropping the weight to the point where a light touch will set it off. The price is reasonable and if you have any issues you can call Charlie and talk with him.

I did the 25cent trigger job, changed all the springs, the stock Glock minus polished up was nice, Ghost Rocket was a little better, the GlockWorx V4 simply kicks ass, the reset is shorter, the break is cleaner, pull went from 2.5lbs to 2lbs even.

• 5 months later...