Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BBI or Percision bullets?

GJGary

Does anyone have experience with both of these? I have shot some of the Percision 125 molly and would like to know the difference between the 2 of them good and bad. Do they load to the same OAL, smoke more or less and any molly build up?

I am trying to avoid buying 500 from BBI to find out. It looks like the BBIs might load a little longer(OAL)

Thanks

I've used both of them. The basic difference between the two is that the BBI bullets are cast then coated, and the Precision bullets are swaged then coated. They both shoot good. You will probably need to clean a little more often than with jacketed bullets. I don't tend to worry about the moly building up since it acts as a lubricant. I don't have any experience with the 9mm in either brand, but I tend to like 165's in .40 so I stick with BBI.

Never shot Bayous but I have no complaints about BBI. Accurate and very clean in my 34. Have the 147's loaded out to 1.14 right now but have shot them both longer and shorter. Only way I can imagine Bayous being better is that they are a little cheaper. I do know BBI has in stock items but last I checked Bayou doesn't. Maybe that has changed.

BBI, Chandler is a great dude. Also, BBI doesn't use as high of a shoulder on their bullets, so you can load them longer with no issues of engaging the rifling - causing the gun not to go into full battery.

BBI, Chandler is a great dude. Also, BBI doesn't use as high of a shoulder on their bullets, so you can load them longer with no issues of engaging the rifling - causing the gun not to go into full battery.

Thanks that's what I was looking for since the Percision 125gr bullet loaded a little short for me. I drop check every new bullet and -.010 in oal I load so I make sure that they never engage the rifling.

Don't use either. Use Bayou Bullet. Much better

agree the Bayous are good but unavailable for the forseeable future. get the BBI's if you need bullets soon.

Looked into Bayou months ago but impossible to get so I am looking for a more reliable source of available bullets that shoot well. Percision and BBI seam to be around 7cents for a 9mm projectile bought by the case.

I just waited 4 months to get some Precisions I ordered at the end of January. During that time I ordered a case of BBI's and had them in 2-3 weeks. I haven't shot the BBI's yet, but they look good. Take it for what it's worth!

Mike

I use all three depending on availability :goof: My 6" limited gun likes the Precision 170gr but they are on a pretty good backorder as I just received my order from early February, the Bayou 180gr have the least smoke but are even harder to get as I just received my order from December the other day.......... BBI has good availability due to their order restrictions (2 cases at a time) which I think is a good idea for fairness considering the conditions we have right now. All are great performers and are great improvement over plain lead and each manufacturer has some nice features.

Anybody using the BBI 125 gr RN in a CZ Shadow? I have been waiting on 125 gr Zero JHP's for months. My daughter has been having good luck with the Zero's with HP-38 (4.3gr) loaded to 1.088. We need to find some bullets quick or her next match will be her last one for a while.

I have a few thousand through my shadow and have no complaints. Accuracy and consistency is great. Just tested a bunch of the 125 BBI against the Bayou 124's and the BBI's were more consistent over the chrono. They almost cut in half the Extreme Spread and Standard Deviation numbers of the bayous. They are a little dirtier than bayou but have shown to perform excellent.

I have been shooting BBI 147 flat points with WSF.

I have to load them kinda short for my Glock 17 w/Loanwolf barrel. But all 147 flats i have had that issue with.

Have loaded friendswood and a few others.

Not to smokey and shoot clean.

Its also nice to still pay 12c a round for 9mm.

• 2 weeks later...

About caca in the barrel from an expert in the field.

1. Bell the case so it doesn't cut the coating!

2. Do not use the FCD die it will undersize the bullet, then it will get diaherria in the barrel.

3. I don't recommend using the U-Die either, but have no hard evidence it will create an issue.

4. Caca must be rubbed out, chemical removal will result in "barrel pitting", and doesn't do that good of a job. Flitz or JB bore paste.

Shot lots of Precisions from Kemp, TX they are wonderful in my SS, and STI limited gun, not so wonderful in a CZ, or SIG. The Bayou is just the greatest bullet for this sport, it has hung chow and won't caca in anything. It don't smoke, well you tightgroup users stick to jacketed, and then it still smokes till I can't see you RO'ing.

The BBI coating seems to withstand more heat than the Precision but I just love the feel and accuracy of their 185gr bullet, in my limited gun, and the 200gr SWC in the SS.

In 9 mm my favorite is the Bayou 135gr!

About caca in the barrel from an expert in the field.

1. Bell the case so it doesn't cut the coating!

2. Do not use the FCD die it will undersize the bullet, then it will get diaherria in the barrel.

3. I don't recommend using the U-Die either, but have no hard evidence it will create an issue.

4. Caca must be rubbed out, chemical removal will result in "barrel pitting", and doesn't do that good of a job. Flitz or JB bore paste.

Shot lots of Precisions from Kemp, TX they are wonderful in my SS, and STI limited gun, not so wonderful in a CZ, or SIG. The Bayou is just the greatest bullet for this sport, it has hung chow and won't caca in anything. It don't smoke, well you tightgroup users stick to jacketed, and then it still smokes till I can't see you RO'ing.

The BBI coating seems to withstand more heat than the Precision but I just love the feel and accuracy of their 185gr bullet, in my limited gun, and the 200gr SWC in the SS.

In 9 mm my favorite is the Bayou 135gr!

I can't speak for Bayou cuz I have never used them so...... But Ivan shoot Percision out of my Glock 34/17 without issue , they love the Trogan and Edge . I also use the 200swc in 3 different .45's as well as the RN too. I've been using solo1k with them and have very limited smoke. The reason I never tried anything else because if its not broken don't fix it. They are more accurate than me and are very soft shooting.

Ok don't worry about the shooting not my best work but I was trying to find a vid of the smoke.

This was a 147 Percision with 3.3g of solo 1k oal of 1.13

Edited by Scootertheshooter