Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Dimensions - WxDxH - Distance from Bolt Surface to Handle?

RaylanGivens

Does anyone have the correct dimensions for a 1050? Width x Depth x Height... I'm trying to determine the correct size for my reloading bench...

One of my concerns is the height to the top of the case feeder... I want to make sure I don't build the bench so high that it hits the ceiling...

Also trying to determine the correct height of the bench... I read Brian's FAQ where he says "the machine's handle (at rest, in the "up position") should be even with your shoulder." How far is it from the 1050's bolting surface to the handle?

My set up.

Floor to rafters = 94"

Bench Height = 32"

Press height = 37 1/2"

Press width = 20"

Press depth = 14" This is from the edge of the ammo and the support bracket for the bullet tray

Top of casefeeder to rafters = 25"

Hope this helps.

My set up.

Floor to rafters = 94"

Bench Height = 32"

Press height = 37 1/2"

Press width = 20"

Press depth = 14" This is from the edge of the ammo and the support bracket for the bullet tray

Top of casefeeder to rafters = 25"

Hope this helps.

That is very helpful, thanks!

Do you know the distance from the bottom bolt flange of the 1050 to the top of the handle (when the handle at its up position)?

My plan is to subtract the 1050 handle height distance from my shoulder height to generate a starting bench height (using Brian's info that the top of the handle should be at your shoulders).

benchHeight = shoulderHeight - 1050flangeToTopOfHandleDistance

The handle has 3 positions and on my set up it's at the longest adjustment, and the adjustments are 1" apart.

From the right rear flange bolt, it's 17".

Thanks again!

I'm 6'-3" tall and it's 64 inches to the top of my shoulder... so 64" - 17" would be 47"... 47 inches seems like an incredibly high bench height to me...

Edited by RaylanGivens

The handle has 3 positions and on my set up it's at the longest adjustment, and the adjustments are 1" apart.

From the right rear flange bolt, it's 17".

Thanks again!

I'm 6'-3" tall and it's 64 inches to the top of my shoulder... so 64" - 17" would be 47"... 47 inches seems like an incredibly high bench height to me...

I'm 6' and my bench is 32" high. I can stand or sit on a bar stool while loading.