Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Seekins Precision SP3G

Rob01

A few weeks ago I received my upper for my SP3G and Glen was cool enough to get me my lower back in March before my state went commie. Well I finally made it out to the range today and figured I would throw up a post on the rifle.

First had to get the Vortex Razor II 1-6x24 sighted in and I shot a few quick strings at some 3 gun distances to test out the muzzle brake effectiveness. The brake is very effective at controlling recoil and fast double taps are easy. No louder or more concussion than any other .223 brake.

Before anyone mentions it I know the front lug of the mount is on the front rail. The Larue mount worked on my POF as it has a full length rail from charging handle to gas block but with the Seekins I am getting a different mount with about 2" of offset so I can push it out far enough to get a good eye relief with the Vortex which has very generous eye relief. Haven't gotten it yet and I couldn't wait anylonger to shoot the rifle a i am sure some here can relate with so I just ran the Larue at the range and it did well as the Seekins forend is attached with 12 screws so there is no movement and no real detrimental effects with having one of the mount lugs on it. That said I still want it all on the receiver. icon_smile_wink.gif

DSCN1917_zpsa0112aac.jpg
DSCN1918_zps8f1ecef9.jpg
DSCN1919_zps359183da.jpg

Due to the shortage of .223 and as the rifle isn't going to be a "precision" rifle per se but used in 3 Gun, I only shot a couple 3 shot groups at 100 yards . The scope is sighted in at 50 yards so impact is a couple inches high. The first group is with Hornady 55grn Steel Match using a 6 O'clock hold as I wanted to make sure it made it on the 5" shoot-n-c. The second group is with Hornady 75grn Steel Match and I used a center hold as I knew it would be on the target after shooting the 55grn group. For only a 6x optic I am really happy with the rifle's performance. I am almost tempted to put my 5-25x on it and get some matchgrade ammo and see what kind of a group it will shoot LOL All in all I am very happy with the Seekins Precision SP3G.

photo37_zps15339978.jpg
photo38_zps6b2a7dcc.jpg

Yes it is and that's why i have been looking forward to getting it. My other quad picitinny rail forend is nice to hook stuff too but not super stable off barricades and other obstacles. I am really looking forward to putting this to use.

Yes I am. I had a cert for a Warne RAMP mount and ordered a red one so I have a little Hornady red on there LOL I am also getting the forend painted red by Controlled Chaos Arms in Iowa. It's out there now while I am on vacation.