Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta trigger question for IDPA SSP rules

amlamarra

I'm looking at getting into IDPA shooting in the SSP division. I've got a Beretta M9A1 (I know, not ideal for this, but it'll have to do for now) and I was thinking about getting the steel trigger from Beretta to replace the plastic one that came with my gun. Would that be allowed?

Not in SSP. That would be an "Externally visible modification other than grips or sights" and would fall under excluded modifications.

You can shoot in ESP with it though. If you like the steel trigger, just shoot in ESP - there's realistically not much difference between what people shoot in the two divisions (you'll see stock Glocks win ESP all the time).

Edited by Adam Sills

A few years ago all Beretta pistols came with metal triggers and some still come out of the factory with metal triggers. Replacing the plastic coated trigger with a factory steel one is legal in SSP.

There have been decisions from IDPA that parts from guns in the same family may be interchanged such as the slide release from a Glock 34 to a 17 and the CZ competition hammer. Replacing factory parts that came from an older version of the same gun would fall under this.

Here's some discussion on it:

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/5329/Beretta-92-parts-change-legalities-in-SSP#.Ua7KKNibbKc