Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra-Prime in stock and on sale @ Midway

Jim333us

I love mine with Large Pistol, I've gave up on using it for small pistol.

What problems have you had with small primers? I was just about to buy one and held off when I read your comment.

I had a slight issue with small primers as well. The primer bar didn't lock in to the unit very easily. it was a real easy fix. all I did was sand down the plastic end of the small primer bar and that fixed the issue. I love the thing and I couldn't picture myself doing it the hard way anymore.

The primers would jam or be upside down, while entering the tube. I tried several times, but same results.

What problems have you had with small primers? I was just about to buy one and held off when I read your comment.

The primers would jam or be upside down, while entering the tube. I tried several times, but same results.

Drill a 5/64" or similar hole in the lid, above the drop hole & clean off the inside burrs. When you get a hung up primer assist it into the hole with a fine pointed tool like eyeglass screwdriver, dental pick point etc. I get one hung up every couple sleeves on average. There were way more before I figured out I was shaking the machine too much trying to "help" primers into the chute that feeds the drop hole.

If you're getting FLIPPED primers it's almost definitely operator error from shaking the machine and or not ensuring the lid is firmly bottomed out.

My small primers were jamming. I cleaned up the hole in the tray with a round file. I fill Dillon tubes directly by slowly twisting the tube or gently rotating it as the primers are dropping. Results: first 600, jam-o-matic. Second 600, fed perfectly. Third 600, one jam. Not one flipped yet.

At least with the large primers, skip the Dillon tube, drop in your press.

I just got straight into the Dillon tubes. You have to hold them just right but it works like a charm for me. Small and large primers.

I just got straight into the Dillon tubes. You have to hold them just right but it works like a charm for me. Small and large primers.

That works too, but I load up 5 or 6 tubes at a time.

That works too, but I load up 5 or 6 tubes at a time.

I load up over 20 at a time. I thought that was the point of a Vibra Prime.

I have 10 that I load at a time until I burn a mod to use my Honady pick up tubes as well.

I think it's a PERFECT use of the Vibraprime. I'll offer $25 shipped for anyone who's so disappointed that they can't figure out how to make theirs work that that they want to get rid of it.