Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trubor Bent Ejector

factorysponsered

So last night I was testing some loads and the gun locked up so tight that it took two of us to get the dam slide moving, after getting the slide off it became clear that the ejector was bent.....this cant be common right?

Pictures to show what I mean.

20130603_191338.jpg

20130603_191823.jpg

I don't know the powder very well, but I'm going to assume it's not that hot. The only real answer I have is really just a guess. That your extractor got stuck on the case and kept the case from moving correctly once it hit the ejector. You might check your extractor hole to make sure that it's clear from debris that would keep it from flexing appropriately.

One or more of your magazines are hitting the ejector. You will most likely to see a mark on the offending mags.

Thats what I was guessing too, only used one mag when she bent so I'll look at it, ironically enough I was gunna order a new tuned one from you guys

Hi I had this very same thing happen to me but not in an open gun but a new colt series 80 in 9mm. The gun locked up and it was extremely hard to get the slide off, I found the bent ejector. I checked all my mags loaded to capacity and none of them hit the ejector. It turned out a jam happened in just the right way to bend the ejector into the slide, it was a freak thing that never happened again.

With the slide off push your magazines in and check for clearance between the bottom of the ejector and the magazine.

If it hits remove a little metal from the bottom of the ejector till you have clearance.