Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Glock Hard Case

bulldog009

I've been looking and can't find an answer to this, but if this has already been discussed, I apologize. I am currently in the planning stages of a G35 Limited Build and I'm thinking about a hard case for my completed gun. I know a lot of guys use bags, sleeves, etc. for their guns, but I just like the security of a good hard case for my firearms. I'm looking for a good case, something like a Pelican, that is large enough for a G35 with a magwell, and deep enough for the mags to be put in "standing up" instead of "laying down." I have access to a good laser cutter, so I can replace the foam with a good solid foam and custom fit it to my gear, I'm just looking for an overall case option. Thanks for the help!

Well I currently have a Pelican 1200 case for my G34 and it has 5 mags crammed in it, 4 laying side by side in a cutout in the foam, and one in the gun. There is zero extra room in the case for anything else because the mags are laying side by side. The Pelican 1200 is not deep enough to place the mags standing up, which would save room in the case. I'm wanting something like this picture; it looks like it saves a good bit of room with the mags going straight down into the foam. My only concern is how deep of a case will I need to do this with mags that have +5 basepads on them.

1450-custom-foam-6-1-big.jpg

Edited by bulldog009

With what you have pictured, you can fit another layer of guns under those two seen for a total of 4 guns. If you are looking to just have one gun and 5 mags, I think a case like that shown would be a big waste of space. A pelican case like the 1470 probably would work nice. It's thinner than the 1200, but wider.