Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REQUIREMENTS TO HOLD TOURNAMENTS.

perrysho

Are there rules/requirements for a Range to abide by to hold tournaments?

My concern is Safety, Toilets, Safe Areas, Sanitation for Women & Kids, and Common Sense Management.

JM-Opinion, some of the ranges in our area are kinda like my Doctors their main intrest is "Wealth Care Not Health and Wellness Care".

WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, does anyone inspect for just minimum requirements for toilets & safety, There has to be rules if open to the public I would think.

Perry

I'd recommend contacting your Area Director to see if they can put you into contact with someone who operates a range used for Sectional or Area matches. They should be able to give you some guidance.

Mr Scott,

Thanks for your response, I too have read every word of the rules many times, suppose this subject is for USPSA & other shooting sports to handle via corperate management.

Another thought, maybe grandfathered by way of private club and maybe not be subject to county-state health, plumbing, sanitation. Who knows, I don't. Private Clubs operate different in a lot of states. As a private club certin rules are in effect if any event is open to the public.

Have fun, be safe,

Perry

Edited by perrysho

You might try the NRA. I think they have a division that helps with developing ranges. They may be able yo give you ideas on safety, toilets, sanitation and the like. I kind of doubt that USPSA gets involved with that level of the operation of ranges.

Mike