Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sync from Android to iOS Claims Stage (non) Modifications?

wgnoyes

Okay, puzzle me this. Android PS 1.1.11 on nooks, iOS PS 1.5.9. I'm sitting there on stage 2 and I'd already previously synched in scores from the stage 2 nook into the ios master. There's a downtime of about a half hour. Here comes the next squad and starts shooting. I start pulling scores. FIRST thing I see when I try to synch from the stage 2 nook now is a claim that all six stages have changed. THEY HAVE NOT! The nook was just sitting there on the table untouched. I know; I was there the entire time. A few other stages' nooks (but NOT all of them) also made this claim. It didn't seem to hurt anything but why did it pop up at all? Anytime I see stuff like that, I get nervous.

Also a change was added in the past where if a shooter changed, you could tap on something to see exactly WHAT had changed, and that's good. Can we have that same feature for stages?

And why does a shooter occasionally come up as having changed but when you look to see why, it says there were no changes?

Ran into this myself at River Bend on 2013-05-25. I suspect what's happening is that the internal timestamp for the shooter and stages are changing when it shouldn't be. This will cause the device that syncing (iPad in my case) to think the shooter or stage data has changed. But, as you noted, when you look at the change record, nothing has changed.

If I were guessing (and I am), this may be a result of some preliminary support going into the Android version for the cloud scoring.

• 3 months later...

Hi Bill,

Ran a match with PractiScore last night. Used one Android tablet and a bunch of iPhones. The iPhones were syncing all night but after a couple of syncs with the Android tablet it stopped. The Android can "see" all the other devices. But when I tap the device to sync it just does nothing.

Any thoughts?

Greg

Greg, we need a bit more detail about what you're using, what you're doing, and how you're doing it.

Can the iPhones see and/or sync to the Android tablet? How about vice-versa?

Does this happen if you're using only two devices, or do you have a number of devices on the network?

What versions are you running? I'd assume 1.5.10 on the iOS devices, but can you verify that? And the specific version on the Android device is what?

I'm pretty confident we can help you determine what's going on before you (rather drastically) revert to paper and pencil, but we need to know a lot more, first.

And trust me, we WANT to get you up and running on Practiscore, and for you to have confidence in it.

I've been a bit busy with Nationals, and some health stuff, so I must have missed the query.

It could be a version incompatbiility issue, the latest iOS and the latest Android can't synch some matches cause of Steel Challenge match type in Android but not yet iOS.

Ken N.

Cool! Thanks! Ok..so to answer JC questions:

Yes. We had 4 or 5 iPhone's & my Android tablet on the field. We were all syncing just fine until my Android tablet stopped getting updates. It could see all the devices on the field (and the sync codes were correct) but when I touched the button to sync a specific device the table would give and audible "click" but do nothing. The iPhone were able to sync with the Android tablet.

All iPhone were running PractiScore ver. 1.5.10 and the Android tablet was running the the version just before Wednesday's update. I have updated it to 1.2.3 but it still behaves the same.

Thanks,

Greg